Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Nothing much bothers me except caillou. He is banned here. The most nasty whiny butt ever created. And his parents suck too.

Advertisement

Last edited by ktmelody; 10-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I used to be irrationally angry at SuperWhy. I like it now, and it's DS1's absolute favorite show, but when I first saw it I wanted to scream at them that that's not how the story goes, stop changing it, etc.

Dinosaur train, after breaking it down with a friend, bothers me. It's DS2's favorite, and I still enjoy it, but it's like, oh you have a gigantic aquatic dinosaur on a train, not in water, in open air. And it's not dead. Awesome. The moment that mama saw a T-Rex next to her babies she didn't throw it into the ocean? And it didn't eat them? Right.

I have to not think too hard to enjoy them.

Calliou (sp?) and his big bald head creep me the eff out. Luckily the boys don't dig that show.

The poodle on Clifford makes me want to scream. She's such a **** and I don't know why anyone ever plays with her. Her and the *****y girl that lies need to go.

World world, all around, I want to kill. Thank Bob the boys hate it.

Word Girl I enjoy. The monkey is useless, but whatever.

That's all I can think of atm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

I hate shows with ZERO educational value. I'm not sure if you get Toopy and Binoo in the States as it's a Quebec show (but so is Caillou and I see you get that) but my DS loves it and I HATE it. It's a big mouse and his mute miniature cat friend and they're always going off to stupid places like the land of overgrown vegetables and encountering monsters which I don't like either. It's one of those shows ill put on as a last resort
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashsmama View Post
I hate when cartoon animals have other cartoon animals as pets..
For some reason this struck me as hilarious lol.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Pretty much the reasons mentioned. I also get annoyed when animals have pets. Cailliou is also banned here. The ones that don't teach anything at all annoy me too. Wonder pets annoys me. Why can the duck fly sometimes but never when it's useful? And how ate they flying their little ship thousands of Miles in a few minutes. I like Little Bear but it's weird to me that little bear hangs out with all these adult animals (duck, cat, chicken) but his parents are adults with adult lives. Our faves are yo gabba gabba, blues clues, and sesame
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Kids' tv shows

I dislike when some animals need clothing and others are allowed to be naked in the same show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I don't like it when characters are mean spirited. I've banned a number of shows but I'm getting close to banning Handy Manny. I don't really like the jokes that come of the Mr. Lopart character or some of the things the tools say.

On the other hand, Postman Pat (and his black and white cat) is very courteous but he runs around doing things that no post officer would do, like jumping in the helicopter to rescue a cow from the side of a 15 foot high cliff. It's so unrealistic that it bothers me.
Agreed on both counts. I actually laughed when I saw you mentioned Postman Pat. Postman Pat was DS (now 8)'s favourite show when he was tiny. He loved the theme song, and somewhere, I have adorable video of him spinning around and around, dancing to Postman Pat.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I hate "Gerald" on Sid the Science Kid. He always runs around the room before sitting down for circle time and the teacher is totally OK with it. Annoys the heck out of me!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
winterhaven0417
Registered Users

I hate Mickey with a passion. It's that horrible voice. DS loves it, but still hardly ever gets to watch it. Mostly he gets Jake & the Neverland Pirates and Spongebob. He's only 18mos though so he doesn't ask for TV yet, and half the time he doesn't care when it's on. He likes Southpark too
winterhaven0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 View Post

Agreed on both counts. I actually laughed when I saw you mentioned Postman Pat. Postman Pat was DS (now 8)'s favourite show when he was tiny. He loved the theme song, and somewhere, I have adorable video of him spinning around and around, dancing to Postman Pat.
Postman Pat is my husband's favorite. He defends all of the ridiculous things he does saying that's what the "special" in Special Delivery Service (sds) actually means.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #20
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE="Geckmumto3;17019138"] I dislike when some animals need clothing and others are allowed to be naked in the same show.

Yes, like on the Daniel Tiger show on PBS. The mom wears a shirt AND pants and the father and Daniel Tiger only wear shirts. No pants.