Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: Who is happy with their kids just being.....

I love my 2 year old DS for being the crazy little monkey he is. I can't help but laugh when he announces "daddy drives too fast" in front of a whole group of people. Or at the dinner table says "Jeremiah feed self" when he wants to feed himself and "mama feed self" when he wants me to feed him. I also love how he's constantly asking "what's that??" with the emphasis on "that". And how he wants to watch Blues Clues all day long, we only have a couple episodes and I have them totally memorized.

I love how my 4 week old DS grunts like a little gremlin and pulls those adorable milk drunk faces after nursing.

Great post! My kids aren't geniuses, but that's ok. They're healthy and happy and constantly learning, and that is all I care about.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

[QUOTE=JennTheMomma;17020318]I love my kids just being them. Yes they get loud, yes they get crazy, yes they bicker with eachother. But they're kids, they're learning, they're growing and when I'm 60 years old I don't think I'll be saying "I wish my kids were quieter back then".[/QUOTE

So true!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love how my daughter's "ballet-dancing" is her doing the goose-step across the lounge.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love how kids have such genuine joy for things. My son loves kiwi with all his heart and soul, but mispronounces it "wee-wee." He likes to go up to people in stores and say "see wee-wee?" People are horrified, but then he shows them the actual kiwi I've let him carry around, and somehow it's charming. He's just that excited to have a kiwi, and be permitted to carry it around.

He's loud, and rough-and-tumble, and often bloody knees or elbows make their way into our days, but I wouldn't ask him to be quieter or less aggressive because that would be limiting who he is. This same boy, this wild, never-sits-still boy, still manages to knock me on my behind sometimes when he does finally sit, and has this lovely contemplative look on his face

Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinande View Post
Oh, and here's one. We don't normally go to church, but we do when we visit dh's family. We went at Easter and they called all the kids up and gave them a special gift. When dd got hers she said "Oh my God!" (loud). I'm not religious, but I have to admit to being a little embarrassed. I didn't correct her though. She was just expressing her excitement.
One time when my little sister was probably 3 we were at a wedding and the church had a large cross with Jesus on it and she loudly exclaimed "who's that naked guy?". I also said wake up everybody once in church during prayer. I can't wait to hear DS say funny things.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

^ Andrea, your son is adorable.

I marvel at how sweet my boys are. They melt my heart every day. And although she sometimes makes me want to pound my head against a wall, I hope my daughter never loses her fierce determination to conquer life.

DD taking the dog hostage:

Attachment 156731

And my boys snuggling this morning:

Attachment 156732

Last edited by sisu; 03-23-2014 at 11:45 PM.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #27
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu View Post
^ Andrea, your son is adorable.

I marvel at how sweet my boys are. They melt my heart every day. And although she sometimes makes me want to pound my head against a wall, I hope my daughter never loses her fierce determination to conquer life.

DD taking the dog hostage:

Attachment 156731

And my boys snuggling this morning:

Attachment 156732
I love all the pics of your daughter, because she already looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with I hope I have a girl someday that I can be confident won't be taken advantage of in business or personal life, because it certainly looks like your daughter has that self-possession!

You already know my soft spot for Merle. And the boys! The newbie! omg, so cute.

And thanks, I think he's pretty cute
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #28
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh Andrea, your son is gorgeous.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #29
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is very very hyper, if I got on to him for everything he did it would be constant yelling. Yesterday I told my mom, so what he is hyper, he gets in trouble, there are parents dealing with serious health issues, lets just enjoy him and cut the kid some slack.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #30
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last night at bedtime, with the lights off, I snuggled up to my 5 year old and told her I was proud of her. She surprised me by asking me why. I told her I was proud because she had a good heart and a good brain. She said, "even when I make bad decisions?" And I told her that yes, even when she makes bad decisions, I might be disappointed in her at the time, but that overall I am always proud of her. Then she held me tight and said, "I know I need to go to sleep, but it's hard to close your eyes when you're smiling."

These moments are so important to me!