Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
kimchi318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Sbish OBF insert folding advice plz?

Just got my 2 sbish OBFs in the mail...love love LOVE them, very excited I have a supersoaker of a DD who sleeps like clockwork (knock on wood) every night from 7p until 8a. She is the bane of night diapers and I couldn't wait to get my hands on these after reading so many glowing reviews...

Have used them the past 2 nights under Disana woolies...first night was amazing, not even soaked through the fitted, my poor abused Disana was glad for staying bone dry all night for once! Last night was try #2, same set up- but she was, once again, SOAKED through her bottom (back sleeper). I'm hoping it's because of how I have the 2 inserts laid out in her diaper...I just snapped in the long one folding in 1/2 and laid the other on top...so there were 3 layers of insert from front to back. Tonight I'm thinking of folding the smaller insert in 1/2 and laying it on her tush. Wondering how some of you ladies stack them, the sloomb site shows some funky tri-folding with extra inserts on their page. Curious as to what my options are with only using the 2 they came with for now.

TIA!

Advertisement

kimchi318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sbish OBF insert folding advice plz?

With girls, you usually need the extra absorbency at the bottom, especially if she is a back sleeper. I have a boy, so I put the extra in the front. I also have a heavy wetter, so if it looks like he's downing water or milk in the hours before bed, I add a second doubler as well. I just use the ones from the sizes we've outgrown, but you can buy extras in their accessories section.

For my boy, I put the snap in insert in, then fold the lay in doubler in half and put it right in the front before snapping it. For a girl, I would put the snap in insert in, then fold the lay in doubler in half and lay it right under the bottom where the pee will soak first. Does that make sense?
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
kimchi318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Perfect sense That's exactly what I was thinking of trying tonight- I bought 2 of the fitteds so I technically have an extra doubler if I need it...just would like to avoid using it because I don't want to risk it not getting washed the nights I work and having DH not have it on...lol. I took a real good look at the fitted as I threw it in the wash...it's definitely an even graduation of soaked to nearly bone dry as you go from back to front! Was glad that the lay in doubler folded in half fits exactly where the real wetness is. Round 3 here we come

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that my wool is dry before I need it tonight...it's my only fitting cover at the moment- have a larger Thirsties in the mail and will have to wait until next payday to order another woolie...

Thanks for the advice!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

DS is not a heavy wetter so right now I don't need the extra lay in soaker. Sorry I'm not much help.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
With girls, you usually need the extra absorbency at the bottom, especially if she is a back sleeper. I have a boy, so I put the extra in the front. I also have a heavy wetter, so if it looks like he's downing water or milk in the hours before bed, I add a second doubler as well. I just use the ones from the sizes we've outgrown, but you can buy extras in their accessories section. For my boy, I put the snap in insert in, then fold the lay in doubler in half and put it right in the front before snapping it. For a girl, I would put the snap in insert in, then fold the lay in doubler in half and lay it right under the bottom where the pee will soak first. Does that make sense?
This is good advice sbish OBFs are our go to night time diaper. Until about 7 months I could only use PUL covers for my DS, he soaked through every piece of wool ( no matter how well I lanolized). Around 7 months and until now at least (15 months) he has been able to sleep in wool. One thing I will do is use an applecheeks stay dry booster on top, to give the stay dry feel and add a bit of absorbency. When my son was a super heavy wetter I also had a hemp babies doubler in there. They are super thin but very absorbent.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
kimchi318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all It's hard to imagine that the amount of pee actually tapers OFF with time! Last night we tried the folded doubler in back...worked decently- wool was only slightly damp. Definitely can't wait for my larger PUL cover to get here...it's due to arrive sometime this week. I have some hemp Pooters I could always scavange a booster from - may try that tonight actually
Old 10-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchi318
Thank you all It's hard to imagine that the amount of pee actually tapers OFF with time! Last night we tried the folded doubler in back...worked decently- wool was only slightly damp. Definitely can't wait for my larger PUL cover to get here...it's due to arrive sometime this week. I have some hemp Pooters I could always scavange a booster from - may try that tonight actually
I think he peed less at 7 months because he went from a liquid diet to having solids too
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote