Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Paleo/Primal Chat Nov & Dec 2013

Anyone still out there?

DH and I made the jump this weekend. I baked pumpkin and apple pie muffins from the nourishing home for the kids and threw out everything non-primal in the house. I am still nursing, so low carbing isn't on my agenda. Eating well and getting exercise is, though.

http://thenourishinghome.com/2013/10...e-pie-muffins/

http://thenourishinghome.com/2012/09...ie-muffins-gf/

I left out walnuts and added pumpkin seeds to the apple muffins.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hi Amber!

I have been Paleo since last Friday lol. But I have already lost 3lbs and I feel so much better! We keep a ton of veggies in or house though, so it's a easy quick snack if I need it.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo/Primal Chat Nov & Dec 2013

ugh! I fell off the paleo wagon AGAIN!
Guys, I need your support. I was going to re-start today but that was a fail.
Tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow. I'm making cauliflower hummus today and cutting carrots in preparation. I already have celery cut.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Corrine,

I "fell off the wagon" today too. I had crazy hours at the office that kept me from going to lunch on time and then when I did go to lunch, my hubs surprised me with the idea of doing some quick Christmas shopping during the hour, so I agreed and ate a cheeseburger for lunch. I didn't beat myself up about it though- I've eaten really well so far and one meal wont ruin me; so for dinner, i ate chicken breast and veggies and I'm not stressing it!

Do you have any meats already prepared? For me, having that instant protein that I can eat when I am really hungry has helped. Protein fills you up more than carrots will. This wknd, I made 4 chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs that I can eat when I get hungry.

Of course, that doesn't help when I'm at work, but if I fill up on protein for breakfast and lunch I do better at managing through the day (just not today lol).

I've only tried hummus twice in my life and I only liked it once, so I can't say I've had great experiences with it. How did you make it? (I'm super impressed!)

Are there any paleo foods that you love? I learned that I really like celery (crazy, right?) so I try to snack on that before eating a large meal so that I'm not so famished that I eat the first thing I are on the counter.

Last edited by AppleMama81; 11-19-2013 at 09:55 PM.
AppleMama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been prepping and I think it's part of my undoing. I usually make chicken, olive oil, a bunch of spices. nothing fancy, but it's flavorful.

I cut up some veggies, I have almond butter and some cashews on hand. I'm avoiding fruits cause I'm trying to lose weight.
I hate celery but I'm learning to tolerate it simply because it's a means to shovel almond butter into my face hole.

For the hummus, I use 2 c steamed cauliflower, 2 tbs almond butter (cause I don't have or like tahini), 3 tbs olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Blend til smooth. Tastes pretty close to real hummus (made from chickpeas) but so much less carlories cause it's cauliflower.

oh and cauliflower fried rice is bomb! Use a food processor to chop up raw cauliflower to the size of rice grains. Then cook. The last time I made it i threw in scrambled egg, sausage and some amino acid (instead of soy sauce).
Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMama81 View Post
Corrine,

I "fell off the wagon" today too. I had crazy hours at the office that kept me from going to lunch on time and then when I did go to lunch, my hubs surprised me with the idea of doing some quick Christmas shopping during the hour, so I agreed and ate a cheeseburger for lunch. I didn't beat myself up about it though- I've eaten really well so far and one meal wont ruin me; so for dinner, i ate chicken breast and veggies and I'm not stressing it!

Do you have any meats already prepared? For me, having that instant protein that I can eat when I am really hungry has helped. Protein fills you up more than carrots will. This wknd, I made 4 chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs that I can eat when I get hungry.

Of course, that doesn't help when I'm at work, but if I fill up on protein for breakfast and lunch I do better at managing through the day (just not today lol).

I've only tried hummus twice in my life and I only liked it once, so I can't say I've had great experiences with it. How did you make it? (I'm super impressed!)

Are there any paleo foods that you love?
I learned that I really like celery (crazy, right?) so I try to snack on that before eating a large meal so that I'm not so famished that I eat the first thing I are on the counter.
If I am someplace that has cheeseburgers, I either order them lettuce wrapped or just w/o a bun. There is this burger place down the street from me and I got totally hooked on it while I was pregnant, so I have been ordering it with extra veggies and lettuce wrapped and I eat it with a fork. Nom!

My favorite Paleo foods are:
Mushroom & Bacon omelets, with or without kerrygold cheese.
Steak topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a side salad.
Homemade cashew chicken with tons of veg
Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been off the wagon for around 9 months. I feel like hell. I am up 25lb from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was at 230 and now I am at 235 just from eating stuff I shouldn't be eating and sitting on my rump more than I should. I am desperate to get back to 210. I know that doesn't sound like a huge thing, but it was the lowest I had been since about sophomore year in high school and I felt awesome.

Have you all set goals? My goal is 10lb lost by Christmas. Usually just giving up the wheat drops five in a matter of days, so it doesn't seem too ridiculous. My other goal is to get enough water. I have been horribly dehydrated while nursing lately. The last two days, I've kept my 27oz KK or a pint jar with ice water nearby at all times.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have set a goal. I'd like to lose 6lbs in a month from now AND stay on track and not gain any weight during the holidays. If I could start the new year by my first goal weight, I think I'd be super happy, and feel confident enough to continue on with this style of eating. I never liked eating out as much as we did or eating as much junk food, it just kind of happened with the business of our lives and I didn't stop to try and control it before it got out of hand. Now my hubby is slightly overweight and has to take bp meds to control his blood pressure. I'd really like to get a handle on things before it gets too out of hand.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Amber, do you have a recipe for cashew chicken?

My goal is to be 139 by the new year. Right now im 149, but have been eating grains so, you know, that wonderful bloat. The lowest i have gotten was 141 and haven't seen the 130s in forever. Will you guys help me?
Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't. We usually cube up the chicken and veggies-- zucchini, onions, carrots, red peppers etc and stir fry it with tamari and a tiny bit of TJ's sweet chili sauce (not paleo, but we use a little here and there). I can't remember if the cashews go in at the beginning or end. DH always makes it. If you want to do it from scratch, I saw a recipe for paleo sweet chili somewhere yesterday. I'll go searching again.

ETA- I found it more quickly than I expected to. It looks super tasty.
http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/10/2...dipping-sauce/