Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #1861
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
This. I had two daughters before my first son was born and we actually did have problems with my first girl's labia. When she was a baby they tried to fuse back together a few times and we would have to take her in to have them separated. No one ever suggested we have her labia removed to make it easier for us to take care of her vagina. My oldest niece also had this issue. I have two intact sons, my oldest is ten and when he started bathing alone I explained to him how to wash and he has had no issues.
Man, I guess Ive just gotten lucky, my son is 10.5 and has been taking baths alone for quite awhile.
I never gave him special instructions on how to bath, other than "Please use the washcloth and wash your face and body!"

I have no idea if he can even retract his foreskin or not.

My son actually has ADHD so thoroughly cleaning himself during a bath probably isnt his strong suit lol.

Yet somehow he has never had any issues with his penis/foreskin.

I always hear about how "we have access to soap and water, hygiene isnt an issue these days", however using soap on genitals is not a good idea and often causes UTI's and irritation, as it throws off the body's ph.

It pains me greatly to still hear about babies being circumcised it's just so much needless suffering.
It wont be ok until baby boys are protected just like baby girls.

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #1862
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
I am not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but Brian J. Morris, the man who runs many pro-circ websites and FB pages and is probably the most outspoken pro-circ "advocate" is a weirdo, and IMO a circum******ist.

He was involved with The Gilgal Society, whose leader, Vernon Quinatance, was arrested for possessing child ****ography. http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...#axzz2fTB8WCa6

After Vernon's arrest, Brian Morris removed all of the Gilgal Society logos from his brochures, he removed the "circumcision humor" section which included a photo of a nude male toddler with a flip phone dangling from his foreskin, and he removed a poem written by Vernon from his site. he began claiming he was never involved with Vernon.

Thankfully, there are lots of archives of his website on web.archive.org

Here is the circumcision humor section, including that sick photo and Vernon's poem, from 2010: http://web.archive.org/web/201006120...ion_humor.html
If you click on the brochures on the right sidebar, they all display the Gilgal Society logo... here is one of them: http://web.archive.org/web/201007071...dfs/GFW-EN.pdf

Brian Morris did make the mistake of leaving a strange list of Yahoo Groups on his site... If you click "Links & Resources" on his website, and go down to "Online Discussion Groups" strange groups like "eroticmalecircumcision" "circumcision******" "cuttingclub" "circumcisedkids" and "circumcisedteens" are there. http://www.circinfo.net/circumcision...on_groups.html

Those links have been there for years, since at least 2008: http://web.archive.org/web/200801221...on_groups.html

Here is an archive of the "eroticmalecircumcision" group from 2003. the group appears to have been shut down in 2004, but Morris has not removed it from his site. The group is blatantly circum******ist by their own admission. http://web.archive.org/web/200312281...ecircumcision/

Here is an archive of "circumcision******" from 2005 http://web.archive.org/web/200502040...mcision******/

if you look at the archive for circumcision****** from 2007, it says the group has been closed and they have moved to another website. i clicked the link and it led me to an out of date gay ****** site.

When the loudest advocate for circumcision is a man who was associated with a society whose leader was arrested for child ****, who posted strange "circumcision humor" jokes and a photo of a nude child his site, and who links to circum******ist groups, his "research" and opinion should be HIGHLY questioned if not disregarded entirely.

ETA: a few of the links got censored for containing the word "f*tish" just change the starts to that word if you are interested in seeing the content.
just wanted to bump this post. i think it's important that people see it.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #1863
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
Man, I guess Ive just gotten lucky, my son is 10.5 and has been taking baths alone for quite awhile.
I never gave him special instructions on how to bath, other than "Please use the washcloth and wash your face and body!"

I have no idea if he can even retract his foreskin or not.

My son actually has ADHD so thoroughly cleaning himself during a bath probably isnt his strong suit lol.

Yet somehow he has never had any issues with his penis/foreskin.

I always hear about how "we have access to soap and water, hygiene isnt an issue these days", however using soap on genitals is not a good idea and often causes UTI's and irritation, as it throws off the body's ph.

It pains me greatly to still hear about babies being circumcised it's just so much needless suffering.
It wont be ok until baby boys are protected just like baby girls.
Haha, yeah he's been bathing alone for a long time and my instructions were along the lines of "scrub behind your ears and don't forget to wash your privates."
Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #1864
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Can someone explain why the AAP changed their stance on Circumcision to say
“Preventative health benefits of elective circumcision of male newborns outweigh the risks of the procedure” (with a list of some of these benefits)"
And the CAP is also revisiting circumcision and is expected to give the same stance. Also According to the researchers, Canada’s current circumcision rate is 32 per cent. In the U.S., rates are increasing, to 61 per cent of men, they said.
Just interested on why they've changed when there seems to be a movement against routine circumcision? FTR I'm not anti-circumcision, but it's something we chose to not do for our son for a number of reasons and I'm glad I didn't.
With the new health care law, many more people will be on Medicaid, and others will now have private insurance. Whatever Medicaid covers in a state, the private insurers will also cover. As Medicaid is a government program that has to keep costs low, it often will not cover anything that is not medically necessary. 18 states' Medicaid programs already do not pay for circumcisions. The doctors who do circumcisions and receive insurance payments for it are worried that the expansion of Medicaid (and the prospect of single-payer insurance down the road) will not include coverage for circumcision. In England, the National Health Service stopped paying for circumcision in 1949, and the circumcision rate subsequently crashed, leaving England now an intact country. Thus, the doctors who wrote this (and most of the committee has serious ethical conflicts of interest) had to find a way to say that there are medical benefits to circumcision to give the insurers an excuse to not stop paying for circumcision.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #1865
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee

I do believe it is wrong. Not as wrong as circ'ing obviously, but ear piercing is not without risk.

Pretty much the only places that will pierce infants are those piercing booths at the mall and places like that. They use piercing guns, which are unsterile and unsafe. they are also more painful than a piercing needle because it forces the earring through the ear, instead of removing a piece of skin to make space for an earring the way a needle does. Even if the piercing never gets infected, what if she decides she doesn't like them when she's older and wants to remove them? I've had my first hole since I was a few months old and those things will never close. Thankfully, I like having my ears pierced. I have left jewelry out of those piercings for months at a time due to forgetfulness or losing earrings, and they didn't close at all. and when ear piercings do close, they tend to leave a small scar.

Plus, any kind of piercing is painful. It's not so bad for someone who wants the piercing and knows what to expect, but we're talking about tiny babies who have to be held down and don't know what is happening. I think it's kind of mean to do that for something that has no benefit other than aesthetics (to some people.)

sorry to get off topic, but I figured I'd address the issue.
You have to leave earrings out for more than a few months. All of mine had closed up after I returned from a year long deployment (where I obviously couldn't wear earrings).
Old 12-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #1866
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMama81 View Post

You have to leave earrings out for more than a few months. All of mine had closed up after I returned from a year long deployment (where I obviously couldn't wear earrings).
I havent worn earrings in 15 years. Literally. My holes are still visible and open. My mom had mine done when i was 2.

I just got an ear kit to gauge my ears for xmas and sure enough still very open.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #1867
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am so happy I told DH that if we had a son (baby #2 is due in June) that we are not circumsizing him and he said alright. No argument or anything
Who knows if we are having a boy anyways I am just glad I won't have to argue my point or anything.
Thx for this thread.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #1868
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post

With the new health care law, many more people will be on Medicaid, and others will now have private insurance. Whatever Medicaid covers in a state, the private insurers will also cover. As Medicaid is a government program that has to keep costs low, it often will not cover anything that is not medically necessary. 18 states' Medicaid programs already do not pay for circumcisions. The doctors who do circumcisions and receive insurance payments for it are worried that the expansion of Medicaid (and the prospect of single-payer insurance down the road) will not include coverage for circumcision. In England, the National Health Service stopped paying for circumcision in 1949, and the circumcision rate subsequently crashed, leaving England now an intact country. Thus, the doctors who wrote this (and most of the committee has serious ethical conflicts of interest) had to find a way to say that there are medical benefits to circumcision to give the insurers an excuse to not stop paying for circumcision.
The AAP backs access to it, they do not recommend RIC. That is an important difference as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #1869
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B
I am so happy I told DH that if we had a son (baby #2 is due in June) that we are not circumsizing him and he said alright. No argument or anything Who knows if we are having a boy anyways I am just glad I won't have to argue my point or anything. Thx for this thread.
Awesome! My Dh had no prob with not doing it either. Didn't even bat an eye.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #1870
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie

Awesome! My Dh had no prob with not doing it either. Didn't even bat an eye.
Same. And he is circ'd but didn't care either way. I was glad it wasn't a fight (because I would have fought it!).

Last edited by sarahtee; 01-01-2014 at 01:55 PM.
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote