Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
canadianmomof5
Registered Users

ODC or Etsy for bamboo terry flats

I am debating- what should I do?

I want to get some bamboo terry flats to try, and Orange Diaper CO actually has some in stock now. I have been wanting to try these because they have such great reviews and seem really nice.

I want them for night diapers when we travel.

The idea is to get a few to try, and then if I like them, I want to get more for when we go on long trips. The problem is that ODC are pretty hard to find in stock, and I am worried that if I like them I won't be able to get more when I need more.

I found some on Etsy that look very similar, so I'm thinking of getting them instead because it seems they'd be easier to get later whenever I need more. I just hesitate because what if they aren't as soft/ squishy/ nice as ODC? Or is all double loop bamboo terry pretty much the same?

here are the etsy diapers:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1695...m-wraps-bamboo

Any opinions are appreciated! I know it's not a big deal, but they are kind of expensive for flats, so I want to make a good decision.

Advertisement

canadianmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Juliadc
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: ODC or Etsy for bamboo terry flats

The fabric seems the same to me. The stitching is very high quality from ODC so I'd get them from there. She uses a superior thread and industrial sergers. If you like them and can't get them later, then you can get them from Etsy.

I have one from ODC and one from hyena cart, not Etsy, so not a perfect comparison.

For some reason Velcro likes to attach to my serged bamboo terry flats in the wash. That doesn't happen to my serged (homemade) fitteds.

I prefer the single loop because I don't night time diaper my oldest, and my youngest I use fitteds on, so the double is too bulky for me to pad fold in the daytime.
Juliadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just bought some Zabi baby bamboo flats that are amazing. Just another idea if you are looking for bamboo terry flats. I have some that are single sided (Fruit of the womb) and then that are (Zabi). My plan is to use them with a hemp doubler/flat for overnight.
megs715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Try both!

I like the Sbish bamboo terry "flats" (sized like a PF)

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote