Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I posted in the introduction thread a few weeks ago when I found out, and haven't been back since. I had started bleeding on Thanksgiving and thought I was losing the baby, so I didn't really want to be involved. So far things seem ok, I was diagnosed with a SCH, but I stopped bleeding a couple days ago. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, I am Corri, due July 24th, and this is baby number six.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay! Glad everything is going okay so far
Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hi!

Yay, I'm glad you're sticking around! What is SCH?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sub chorionic hemmorage if I am correct. In had one with my second. Terrifying for sure but everything turned out just fine. :-)
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccerMom
Sub chorionic hemmorage if I am correct. In had one with my second. Terrifying for sure but everything turned out just fine. :-)
Yep, that is what it is. Still no more bleeding and plenty of morning sickness, so I think I'm in the clear. Trying to get insurance straightened out with my home birth midwife so she can order another ultrasound. Praying not only that Baby keeps growing and is healthy, but that if the SCH does not heal completely, that it is minor enough for me to have another home birth. Had one with my last babe and it was hands down the best birthing experience out of the five.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay! Thanksgiving was a day of bleeding for me for m too, I've had brown spotting since, but no red. I had a SCH with #2, but it absorbed with out ever bleeding. They did an u/s and nothing showed up as the cause, but Baby was fine. Going Tuesday to have another U/S. I still suspect this may have been a SCH, as does my midwife friend. It's freaking me out though since I lost my last two!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh
Yay! Thanksgiving was a day of bleeding for me for m too, I've had brown spotting since, but no red. I had a SCH with #2, but it absorbed with out ever bleeding. They did an u/s and nothing showed up as the cause, but Baby was fine. Going Tuesday to have another U/S. I still suspect this may have been a SCH, as does my midwife friend. It's freaking me out though since I lost my last two!
I had very faint pink spotting on Thanksgiving not two hours after telling my kids I am pregnant, I immediately started sobbing and begging my mom and grandma to stay (even though they had an hour to the ferry dock and a ferry ride to get home), and went in. Baby was measuring what seemed rather small considering when I got my BFP and only had a heart rate of 118. I was convinced Baby was dying and completely devastated since I'd just told my kids (9, 5, almost 4, almost 3, and 1, although the 1 and 9 year olds had birthdays right after Thanksgiving). Next morning there was tons of bright red blood, and I just crumbled at that point. Spent all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with fairly heavy bleeding, in bed sobbing. Sunday night I couldn't take it, and went to the local ER (on Thanksgiving I went to urgent care about an hour away, they have an on call radiologist for their awesome U/S, local ER does not), and they brought in the little portable machine and found a heart beat at 130 through my belly, which was surprising considering how early it was. Sobbed tears of joy. Then the next day my friend convinced me to see her OBGYN and they did one in office, vaginally, and found the sac but could not see baby. I started doubting the ER doc and was again devastated. He got me an appointment at the local hospital radiology for the next day, and there Baby was, measurements measuring perfectly with those from Thanksgiving, with a heart rate of 138. I kept bleeding, soaking 14 pads the day of the second big U/S, then the bleeding slowly tapered off, and today is day four since it stopped. I also had a SCH with I believe my third DD (almost three), but no bleeding, and it resolved before my big U/S at 20 weeks. Could have been DD2, though. (Almost four) I am SO happy your babe is doing well, and I hope it stays that way! Rainbow babies are wonderful.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
DDGoff
Registered Users

Welcome, what an event to go through, prayers everything stays well for you.
DDGoff is offline   Reply With Quote