Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #1
Registered Users
Oh boy ... I'm in for it!

I'm due on July 8th, but the doc's are saying that we are going to do everything we can to keep the baby in there until at least 36 weeks. (Already have gone into preterm labor). That means I've only really got a little over a month! AHH!!!

In that month ... I have to get my business up and running good. Find someone to take over some of the essentials when the big day comes. Plan my 2nd ds's 1st bday ... he will be 1 on June 7th (and the new baby is probably going to come the following week). AND ... my mother is getting married on July 8th (YES! MY DUE DATE) so we are going to be doing some major planning this coming month for that as well.

Haha.. and the doc says to try to keep my stress level down. YEAH RIGHT!! I have a 2 yr old, a 11 month old ... and a husband. Right there is enough stress for one woman .. you throw in all the rest of it and I wonder how I'm gonna not pull all my hair out this next month.

Jeepers.. we haven't even started getting prepared for the baby! Not that we have much to do. We have the nursery all set up since my 2nd ds is in there anyway. We plan on putting the new baby in our room with us for a while. We have a beautiful cradle that goes next to the bed that my fil made for our 1st ds.

I just ... I'm getting scared/anxious/stressed. Not over labor or anything like that. Not even of bringing the baby home. Both of my sons had problems after birth and had to be in the hospital for 2 weeks. I'm so scared this baby will too. I'm so scared of feeling that fear that my baby is going to die. Ugh .. I guess this post has kinda moved from the real topic to another. Blame it on pregnancy brain.

Hehe.. thanks for listening to me babble/freak out/vent about this next month!

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
Re: Oh boy ... I'm in for it!

Big hugs and smooth non stressfull coming your way. My sis got married when I was 37 weeks and I was in the wedding. I think when you are pg you should be exempt from the tortures of helping to plan a wedding.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Registered Users

For DS 1's B-day: keep it simple. Go to the party store and buy invites decorations, etc. all in one trip. Serve cupcakes or sheet cake and punch instead of a meal. Delegate the decorating to your Dh. For your mom's wedding: tell her your trying to keep the stress level down and ask if there are things you can do to help from home or even while resting--like phone calls and such. For the new baby: Sounds like you are already prepared. You can always send your Dh to the store when the baby arrives to buy any essentials you forgot. Try not to feel too much stress about the business, which will still be there after the baby arrives. I have twins and had a high-risk pregnancy. I focused almost all my energy in the last few months on keeping them in there and healthy. I also had fears that they wouldn't survive but I just kept focusing on growing my babies. You can do it!
Carrie (28), wife to Mark (31), mama to identical twin cuties Ethan and Ryan (27 mo.)
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
Cause Thats How I Roll
My Mood:

Holy moley! You are a much braver women than I!
Jena. Fabulous Mama To 3 year old Riley Nicole & 7 week old Logan Parker born @ home.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Registered Users
Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

((((((HUGS))))))) Life just is not fair!!!
Zona:mom to 10
zonapellucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Wow, you have a lot on your plate! I hope everything goes well and you get lots of help!! I went through preterm labor with 3 of my 4 kids and it is very scary and so uncertain!! Frustrating going through something like that. I hated not knowing what was going to happen and when. I know what you are going through, and I'm sure a lot of the women here have been there too. Your kiddos are really close in age! Yes, I agree with the other women and keep bdays simple and then drop whatever you can so that you can focus on taking it easy and relaxing to keep that baby in there. Never sacrifice family for business, everyone will understand if things need to take a break for a bit. I know I would.

HS mom to 4 kiddos- dd-12, dd-9, dd-6 (autism spectrum) and ds-4
allycat is offline   Reply With Quote