Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #21
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicymustard
*hugs* when I saw I wondered how you felt about this. I knew you really wanted a girl. I hope you can be at peace with it soon and glad that he looks healthy.
I'm adjusting. I'm still disappointed, but it's getting better. DH has gotten a lot more excited about the baby since seeing the ultrasound. Luckily, that helps me get more excited too.

Advertisement

Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #22
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awe this is so hard for me to read... I am due to have an ultrasound at the beginning of January and I'm dying to have a boy... literally I think ill lose it and cry like a baby during the ultrasound itlf they say girl! I totally feel like a jerk but I have a step son that we have 1/2 the time and then dh and I have 2 little princesses together. But I want my own boy! I love my stepson but he won't ever be mine... see jerk... and I want to give my husband a son from me. I don't want some other woman to be the only one that has his son... see jerk! Ill love my baby no matter what I'm just praying like no other that I have a boy because I know this is my last chance as we have agreed 4 is plenty!

So I totally understand how you feel! And I am totally preparing myself for disappointment... just incase...
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #23
Jgirod
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gender disappointment

I really wanted a little girl. When I found out it was a boy (around 16 weeks), I cried. It took me a couple weeks to become accustomed to the idea, but now I cannot imagine having a girl! I am so looking forward to my beautiful baby boy!
Jgirod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #24
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

It's ok, and normal to feel that way. I have two children from before my DH, a girl and a boy. Now we have three daughters together. In all five pregnancies, I've never gotten what I wanted. We thought our last baby was going to be it, and I remember my heart racing waiting to find out gender (she did NOT want to show us). They finally said 90% girl for lack of seeing a penis. Now we are expecting #6, and I'm hoping against hope for a boy, but I know it won't happen. I'm hoping to find out early as we have to have extra u/s to monitor a SCH. I always fall in love at the 20 week scan, so it's a bit easier for me. I got to see baby yesterday (at 9w4d) and am already in love. Baby was already sucking a hand/finger, which is special to me as my last two babes I saw on u/s how they to this day suck their knuckle/back of the hand. So I'm hoping it won't be too hard when we find out we are having our fifth daughter.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just an update for this thread after 3 boys and 3 cesareans I thought I was done we ended up pregnant again due in June and I was sure I would get a 4th boy but have signed to have my tubes tied no matter what. I have been preparing for disappointment

Yesterday we had an ultrasound at 17weeks and it's a girl so sometimes there is a happy ending.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

it's ok

typing on my iPhone with one thumb while holding my baby
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #27
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had two boys, then that longed-for girl, and then an oops. The oops was upsetting enough, but I thought, maybe it will be a second girl, and then we will be perfect! But we saw his penis at the U/S, and I spent pregnancy months 5-8 beyond depressed. I was so miserable, and I didn't want him, and everyone worried for me. In my 7th month, I got a 3D U/S, and he looked like DS2, and that helped a bit, and then in my 9th month, DH encouraged me to do a bunch of retail therapy, and that helped a bit, but I was still sad he was a boy. I had really terrible thoughts about him, things I don't even share aloud.

Then he was born, and he was so awesome. Now he is 3 and my little buddy and snuggler and he is so clever that I would have four more just like him if I could. I think I am forever cured of my wanting another girl!

The point is, you are not a bad person, nor a jerk, and the love will come, I promise. Plus, having had that longed-for girl, I can tell you that my three boys are waaaaaaaay easier than my one girl!

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #28
mselisabs
Registered Users

I'm sorry mama. Totally human feelings! I think most people have gender preferences. That said, my husband is the middle of three boys, and as adults it is amazing to see them all so close!
mselisabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #29
empoweredbybirth
Registered Users
seller

It is totally understandable that you would feel this way. I was very disappointed when our 2nd was another boy and I cried for a while about it. It takes tiMe to grieve that loss and hope...
empoweredbybirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #30
GypsyJude
Registered Users

Yes, completely normal and understandable.
GypsyJude is offline   Reply With Quote