Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #21
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any "older" pg mamas out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog View Post
My youngest brother was only two when my oldest sister had her first baby. My mom actually breastfed her grandson once because my brother was still bf and my nephew was screaming and wouldn't latch onto poor sister's engorged breast. He calmed down enough to latch on, but doesn't like to hear that story now!! His wife is having a baby this month and will be older than my baby. My grandma had a baby or two right around the time her oldest daughters were having their first babies. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say it is "normal" in my family. My daughter was actually on her first month of trying when I got pregnant. We were hoping she would get pregnant too. She didn't and is still trying. I'm sure it will happen soon and our babies will be close in age. It will be fun!! That said....I'm pretty sure we are done after this one, as long as dh gets the big V and we don't have an oops.
Wow! That's an awesome story, thank you for sharing!! I really wish more people in society was that accepting! It would sure make me feel more comfortable about it!

Btw...my hubby was supposed to have had the big V before I got pg with our LAST child! Then he said he'd do it before she was born. She's now 5 1/2 yrs old and we're expecting again! Ha!!

Advertisement

Mama_again_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #22
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 38 (39 in July) and 32 weeks with my 9th child. We also do not believe in bc and let The Lord plan our family size.
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 AM   #23
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

I'm just curious....

I completely respect everyone who chooses to let God determine how many children you have. I would like to know, however, if you think you may possibly change your mind if at some point later in your life if you may reconsider? Let's just say you are in your 50's or 60's? Or what if with each pregnancy your body just deteriorated to the point pregnancy was more painful and completely debilitating? If you were no longer able to take care of yourself or your other children? If you knew that if the chances of having another child would put the child's life at risk? I'm just throwing out scenarios here. Do you think that may some day change the way you view whether or not you get pg?

The reason I ask these questions is because that's what I'm asking myself. I'm 45 and thought I'd be done by now. God has blessed me multiple times, and has taken away multiple times. Each pregnancy has taken a huge toll on my body...both physically and emotionally. We have tried to prevent further pregnancies because of how hard they are on me. But, God has control! LOL And obviously when He decides to do something, it's going to happen! That's why I'm sitting here pg now! Granted, we weren't quite as careful the past couple months as we have been. But, anyway, at some point isn't it ok to start being aware of how my body reacts and do my best to stay healthy for the children I have already? And if I know having another is going to take away from them, is it really the best thing to do?

I'm doing my best to leave my entire life in God's hands. He expects us to take care of ourselves, too...our physical well being. Anyway, that's why I'm asking.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #24
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If dh and I felt we have a grave reason to prevent we can use nfp for a time.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #25
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
If dh and I felt we have a grave reason to prevent we can use nfp for a time.
I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is nfp?

ETA: Never mind...just figured it out. Natural family planning...right?

Last edited by Mama_again_7; 01-05-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #26
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_again_7 View Post
I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is nfp?

ETA: Never mind...just figured it out. Natural family planning...right?
No question is dumb, yes natural family planning.