Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
echogenic intracardiac focus in fetal left ventricle

I got the results of my ultrasound to day and they found a bright spot in baby's heart.

It says
echogenic intracardiac focus in fetal left ventricle. Otherwise, visualized structure demonstrates no gross anomaly. In the absence of any other fetal fetal structure anomaly, it is unlikely of clinical significance. Correlation with maternal age could be considered. (I'm 34)

My Dr and I both have no idea what to make of this. He is my family Dr and I am being transferred to my delivering dr, though that has everything to do with him not being a delivering dr. I would have been transferred to another Dr at this point in my pregnancy regardless of the US results.

I have no idea what this means, and would love some input. When I did a quick search it says this can be a soft marker for Downs or Trisomy 18 BUT there is nothing else to indicate anything is wrong.

Advertisement

daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
Ellasundies
Registered Users

Re: echogenic intracardiac focus in fetal left ventricle

I didn't have that particular problem but on my US with dd2 they wrote on her charts that she had 'prominent bowels'. I knew that bright bowels in an US can be a soft marker for downs. The nurse from the OB called to tell me the results and couldn't tell me a thing. I asked to speak to a dr., instead another nurse called and couldn't tell me a thing. When I went in to my appt. they told me not to worry about it but that I need another US (which I didn't want but was worried about NB). I was really worried and scared. DD2 was my rainbow baby so I was normally worried during her pregnancy and it was terrible waiting for the next US. When I finally got in for the next US the tech basically told me she put that on the results from the first US so that the ins. would pay for another US.

They also explained to me that there are many soft markers for Downs. When there is only one or two it's considered a variation of normal. When there are several markers present they do another US and may suggest further testing. If that was the only marker I would do my best not to worry about it Mama. Though I know that's hard
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: echogenic intracardiac focus in fetal left ventricle

Thank you, this is also my rainbow baby and with me being 34 I worry a bit more. I mean it says right on the test that basically it means nothing but really, who doesn't worry??

I'm in Canada so we don't rely on Insurance but he said that he is going to recommend another US, just to be cautious. I'll see what my delivering Dr says when I see her.

I also do not want this 3rd US but I am torn now. I was going to refuse it before I got that result.

Last edited by daisy0306; 01-06-2014 at 03:32 PM.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote