Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #21
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandmsmommy2013
I was EBF my daughter when I got pregnant with my now 9 month old son. My pp cycle returned when she was 10 months old, however my fertility and ovulation did NOT return until my 5th cycle and that is when our son was conceived. I've heard several women say that once your cycle returns then you can get pregnant bc you are ovulating. That was not the case with me. I am too one of those women who can tell and feel it when I ovulate so I know when I was fertile again. Every woman's body is different. I have a friend who got pregnant while she was still in the hospital from having her son! They worked fast lol. It really depends on how your body works.
What?!!!!!!! Your friend got preg while still in the hospital from having her son?! Omg!! Did she have a c section or vaginal birth? I could not imagine dtd that quickly after giving birth.

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #22
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are women REALLY more fertile their first few months postpartum?

Of all of the threads I have ever posted THIS one was resurrected today, the one year anniversary of the day that I found out that I was expecting Irish twins. I just blogged about it, if anyone is interested. http://toomanyjs.blogspot.com/2014/01/9.html

When I got pregnant, I was exclusively breastfeeding my three month old and pumping an average of 20 extra ounces per day to donate. Lactation amenorrhea is a joke!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
Chichidc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B
What?!!!!!!! Your friend got preg while still in the hospital from having her son?! Omg!! Did she have a c section or vaginal birth? I could not imagine dtd that quickly after giving birth.

Right? Not only that quickly but also with all those people popping in every 45 minutes lol
Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #24
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I am not an expert at all. But, what I have heard is that it's not necessarily more "fertile" ie not releasing more eggs or releasing eggs or regularly or anything. Rather that the uterine and hormonal environment is more favorable for pregnancy should a conception occur. By that I mean that if a conception occurs, the fertilized egg is more likely to implant and develop into a full pregnancy.

That's what I have heard. I dunno.
I've heard that too.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #25
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not for me. I EBF and don't get period back until around 6m. The only time I've gotten pregnant while bf'ing ended in m/c. By body simply can't support a pregnancy and BF at the same time. I can hardly O when BF'ing.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote