Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #21
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you regret doing/not doing while pregnant?

Ditto on a lot of what's been said . Pictures and exercise. Better nutrition (no, pregnant women do not need to eat all the things!). Prenatal yoga. Prenatal massage. Chiropractic care. I really wish I'd gone to a LLL meeting while pregnant. Gives you an intro into a community that could become really useful if you run into BFing issues. And of course, I didn't educate myself enough, nor did I heed the red flags my OB/MW practice was throwing out like candy. Read positive birth books, not trendy ones. And one thing that I did do and repeated the second time around, was take a trip just the two of us. A B&B or something romantic and relaxing like that, away from your normal every day.

Advertisement

sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #22
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yoga. I did it soooooooo much with #3 and not much with #4 and I REALLY felt the difference!!!!!
I need to get back into now since my whole lower body just hurts, but when I do yoga almost daily, I find that my hips/back/butt don't nearly hurt as much.

Also more water. I get constipated fast!!!!
Pregnancy tea!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

One thing I'm glad I DID do was read several breastfeeding books from the library. Nursing got off to a terrible start for me and the hospitals lactation consultant was old-school and all her advice was exactly the opposite of best practice. If I hadn't educated myself about it so much, I probably would have ended up quitting. Since I knew what best practice really was, I was able to ignore some of the bad advice, persist in what I knew was right, and successfully bf for 2 years. So if you plan to bf, my advice is to educate yourself now. I was blown away by how hard it was and wouldn't have had the time or energy to read up on it after baby was born.