Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Re: is it okay to put oil in the buckle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Is there any other seats that would keep her harnessed that I could buy? Besides a frontier
As in cheaper?!! If she still fits the Nautilus, look at the Evenflo Securekid 300 or 400.http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-secu...ot=medium_1_12. Or the Britax Pioneer. http://www.target.com/p/britax-pione...ot=medium_1_28. It comes in other fabric choices!! Or even the Evenflo Sureride. http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-sure...ot=medium_1_15. It's a convertible but the harness goes nearly as tall as the Frontier without the high price.

Advertisement

Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tnx for the recs.

Graco said if i get the model number they can send a new buckle.

However, i found out my gpa tried to file the prongs as well??? Not sure what he meant by that. I think he took sandpaper to it to try to make it smoother so it would slide easier into the buckle.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Tnx for the recs.

Graco said if i get the model number they can send a new buckle.

However, i found out my gpa tried to file the prongs as well??? Not sure what he meant by that. I think he took sandpaper to it to try to make it smoother so it would slide easier into the buckle.
Aack! I was ok with the WD40, but that, yeah, use it as a booster until you can get a new buckle, and tell him to NOT try to modify a car seat again, or at least run it by you first!
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #14
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama

Aack! I was ok with the WD40, but that, yeah, use it as a booster until you can get a new buckle, and tell him to NOT try to modify a car seat again, or at least run it by you first!
I know! He's old and knows nothing of car seat safety. In fact, i wonder if switching to a booster is better so.i don't have to worry if they are tightening the harness enough.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #15
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is a crazy grandpa. I recently washed my Nauti Covers and removed the harnesses all the way to properly wash all of the gunk and crumbs off the seat and it was pretty easy to get the crotch buckle in and out.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #16
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In some cases, yes, I think a booster is a better solution. This is for your 2007 daughter? Unless she's crazy super tiny, I would teach her how to properly use a booster and get her boostered in Grandparents' vehicles ASAP.

I would call Graco again with that model number and ask for new buckle tongs as well as a new buckle.

As far as less-expensive seats that will fit, another option is the Harmony Defender. List price is $100 on Walmart.com and you should be able to get free site-to-store shipping I think. Some Walmarts have been known to have them for less off the shelf, if they happen to have any in stock.
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For a kid that is almost 7, I'd just get a booster. My kids (both the 7 year old and the almost 5 year old (not his permanent seat) fit nicely in the Turbo HBB. I got the new Affix HBB and LOVE it.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #18
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes this is for dd, she just made 6 end of december. Luckily she sits well and only rides in that car 2x week.
Last night they dropped her off at my house and we switched her nauti out for a turbobooster. She has used it before so she knows the drill.

Of course my gpa went on and on about how come we changing seats, this one looks too narrow and the nauti still new. We tried to explain that using oil in it made it unsafe but he insisted that the still clicks and locks. He doesn't understand and he's stubborn. At least with the seat belt all he has to do is buckle her.