Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

So i work at bru

And I have worked for the company for four months. Every time there is a baby I look. Today is the first day I've ever seen a baby that was actually in the carseat correctly and following all of the standards. It made me super happy and I complimented the mom, but it's sad at the same time. I mean, can you imagine how many babies I've seen? And she was the first one who "passed." Even tiny newborns come in with aftermarket strap pads and buntings on and the straps still not tight after all that.

Advertisement

Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So i work at bru

It is sad. I wish more people sought out the information or even just read the manual from front to back.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
Ola_
Registered Users

Wow, that's awful! And yet I bet the same people often spend lots of time and money on decorating a nursery and picking the best baby accessories and cutest clothes.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
Katesela
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
And I have worked for the company for four months. Every time there is a baby I look. Today is the first day I've ever seen a baby that was actually in the carseat correctly and following all of the standards. It made me super happy and I complimented the mom, but it's sad at the same time. I mean, can you imagine how many babies I've seen? And she was the first one who "passed." Even tiny newborns come in with aftermarket strap pads and buntings on and the straps still not tight after all that.

I am in no way blaming you personally, but it's stores like BRU that sell these things and cause the problem. Before my baby was born and I was setting up my registry, I went to BRU and they gave me a checklist. It included strap covers, head support, and bunting. I didn't know any better and added them. Thankfully I came across some car seat safety information by the time she arrived. Since there seems to be a consensus that these things aren't safe why do major retailers continue to sell them?
Katesela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

Oh no believe me I hate it. I wish we actually taught carseat safety rather than selling a whole bunch of products that undermine it. But the worst part is now the products started putting crash safety tested on their packaging. The JJ Cole bundle me and the summer infant body positioning pillow are two that I have read that on but I'm sure there's more. Yet every carseat manufacturer still says no so they are unsafe and they say they are just to make money even if it risks children's lives. They shouldn't be allowed to produce them and stores shouldn't be allowed to sell. But while these products do compound the issue, I have yet to see anyone with the straps tight enough despite the aftermarket products. So even if they ditched them in these cases they still wouldn't be up to standards
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Erinne
Registered Users

Are you allowed to say anything? I assume not; that must be really hard for you .
Old 01-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Maybe consider setting up a meeting with the store manager of your store to implement a car seat safety awareness class. Free even, as a starter. Get a cpst involved, set up an inspection day or whatever. If you have the knowledge others are missing out on- USE IT.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I saw a newborn leave the hospital in a high back booster forward facing! I tried to say something to the Dad, but neither parent spoke English, and the volunteer who wheeled the mom down said it wasn't their responsibility.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
I saw a newborn leave the hospital in a high back booster forward facing! I tried to say something to the Dad, but neither parent spoke English, and the volunteer who wheeled the mom down said it wasn't their responsibility.
I can't even visualize how that would be possible

Eta totally not saying it didn't happen! Just mind-boggling at what some come up with.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola_
Wow, that's awful! And yet I bet the same people often spend lots of time and money on decorating a nursery and picking the best baby accessories and cutest clothes.
This is what I've never understood! Where are the priorities? :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum