Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 AM   #11
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc
Which seats are those and are the installed with latch or seatbelt? I know that in the "successful 3-across thread" on car-seat.org there are some current generation cr-vs. OP, c-s.o probably the best place to ask these questions.
Britax marathon with latch in the left and Eddie Bauer xrs installed with seatbelt... It's definitely possible with the right seats but not easy.... I've never been able to get a solid install with that middle ceiling install, because of how it hooks in at the side opposite of the buckle, and neither have the techs that have tried, and the latch for center clear is so far left that it takes up half of the passenger side seat. The one time I was able to pull it off was with a super skinny infant bucket (the EB version of the Cosco comfy carry) in latch in the middle, a ff seat on the driver side, a very narrow hbb on the passengers side.. But the hbb was about an inch or two having off the side of the seat (we only went down the road otherwise I wouldn't have even done it)

Definitely check out car-seat.org because I think I've seen a few people that pulled it off but just make sure you try your seats in the car before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by bpirof; 01-30-2014 at 04:38 AM.
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:07 AM   #12
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 3 across in a CRV or RAV 4

Hmmm I've been able to do center belt with both symphony and coccoro without issue. I was initially hesitant, but the fine folks at cso assured me it was ok :-) I think in a smaller car like the cr-v you really need the right seat but its doable.

I haven't tried it myself, but I wonder if the larger Hyundai SUV would meet the car seat and budget needs. A solution like that might be worth exploring.

ETA: ride safer travel vest for the 5yo!!! Duh. Not sure why I didn't think of that before! You could also put the youngest in a coccoro, but that won't last forever. My DS is small and will outgrow RF around/a little before 3yo.

Great customer service from:

Last edited by meljc; 01-30-2014 at 06:17 AM.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #13
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc
Hmmm I've been able to do center belt with both symphony and coccoro without issue. I was initially hesitant, but the fine folks at cso assured me it was ok :-) I think in a smaller car like the cr-v you really need the right seat but its doable. I haven't tried it myself, but I wonder if the larger Hyundai SUV would meet the car seat and budget needs. A solution like that might be worth exploring. ETA: ride safer travel vest for the 5yo!!! Duh. Not sure why I didn't think of that before! You could also put the youngest in a coccoro, but that won't last forever. My DS is small and will outgrow RF around/a little before 3yo.
Yeah it probably really depends on the seat, the ride safer vest is a great idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote