Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
NYMommy04
Registered Users

Re: Anyone out there pumped for a micropreemie?

I have a 28 weeker and I usually pumped 40 oz a day after a few weeks

Advertisement

NYMommy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

I had a late term preemie, 34 weeks, and was able to pump a ton(I ended up exclusively pumping for her since she got used to bottles and refused the breast), but I was pumping every two hours around the clock for 30 minutes at a time. Also, I used a lower, more comfortable setting on the breastpump, instead of the 'highest you can stand' that a lot of places will tell you. It meant pumping longer, but I got way more milk out that way. Once she was older I transitioned to every three hours, and then eventually dropped the night pumpings after 11pm. I was down to pumping twice a day when she was 16 months old and I had to stop due to becoming pregnant, doctor was worried about the amount of calories I was getting.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
safisarahg
Registered Users
seller

What an amazing gift you are giving. You are an inspiration!

I helped my supply with mother's milk supplement... it helped a bit. I think that an fennel tea helped me the most with my supply.
safisarahg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #14
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for donating!!! It means so much to those who need it!
I pumped for my nicu baby and only pumped 8 oz TOTAL over the course of 2 weeks and then I was dry :/ (I have IGT and also respond horribly to pumping so I was doomed) so I was super greatful for donor milk! Any amount is so appreciated by those who receive it. Thank you for what you are doing!
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #15
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You are amazing, and I'm sure babies out there will be blessed with your white gold!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I see you were able to find the positive in this, and I applaud you for doing so!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
J&G mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would say your volume is on the low side, but I am going through the exact same thing. Mine was a 33 weeker. The doctors told me that sometimes having a preemie in general will affect your supply. Have you tried all the herbals? And medications? Im currently on Reglen 10mg 3x daily and that brought my supply from 5ml/cc combined to about 1-1 1/2oz combined now. Not a huge difference but still a difference none the less.
J&G mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #17
MrsMartin2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are so awesome for donating your milk! That is by far the sweetest act of kindness I have heard of. My twins were born at 34 weeks and both are nursing but the first 3 days they had to have some formula. My supply seems to be pretty low still, I have pumped a couple times and only got like a 1/4 an ounce each time. But they are gaining weight and we go home tomorrow. To me 4 ounces a day sounds pretty good. It seems like my babes are not eating much at one time but instead eating small amounts every 2 hours.
MrsMartin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote