Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #61
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
Hello! I hold pagan beliefs but don't practice actual rituals. My son is 3.5 so I'm trying to start introducing him to my beliefs. I've been reading Pooka's Pages to him, if anyone has heard of that site. And we have 2 books about a rabbit named Rupert and the wheel of the year. It's small but it's a start. Anyone else have young kids they are trying to teach?

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
I read Pooka's Pages to my 5 year old as well. He has been showing interest in spirituality and religion and questioning things, so I thought it would be a good time to introduce him to my beliefs. Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions (By Starhawk, Diane Baker, & Anne Hill) is a great book I recently picked up that has stories, activities, songs, etc in it. I also came across Sarah Pirtle, a Pagan children's musician and my boys are quite fond of her music... although they also rather enjoy listening to my favorite band (Spiral Rhythm) as well. For my boys, teaching moments often come in the form of questioning lyrics in a song, asking about things in my room or on my altar (This is how my 5 yo learned about the pentacle and its meaning).. however now he proudly declares that every 5 pointed store with connecting lines is "a pentacle"... I just waiting for when the star is the shape of the week in pre-k.. I'm certain he will announce to the entire class that it is in fact a pentacle

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #62
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh I'll look up that music, thanks! I was being really lazy about the whole thing with him until I read a parenting article about the importance of spirituality that really hit home for me. I'm trying to be a little more intentional now :-)

neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #63
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So happy to hear of those things! I never knew about pooka's pages.

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #64
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just curious.. is anyone planning on attending PSG this summer? If so, are you going to take your kid(s)?
Old 03-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #65
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nope we're in Mexico.

I'm excited for Ostara! I planted herb seeds on yhe first and one of them is sprouting! It was cool to show my two year old dd. I did a little ritual with a candle on the soil till it burned out after I planted them.

I know a lot advice is to ritually clean your house top to bottom before doing anything but that's not going ro happen with a two year old and three dogs, so I decided to do rituals and spells no matter the state of my house.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #66
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaBirch View Post
Just curious.. is anyone planning on attending PSG this summer? If so, are you going to take your kid(s)?
What/where is it? I'm on my phone or I would look it up.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #67
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee
What/where is it? I'm on my phone or I would look it up. Sent from my phone using DS Forum
PSG is the Pagan Spirit Gathering in Northern Illinois. It's June 15-22 (it coincides with Litha/ Summer Solstice). www.circlesanctuary.org/psg will give you more info. It's basically a week long pagan gathering with music, workshops, ritual, and spending time with like minded people from across the country.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #68
siorruidhe
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to jump in and say hi! We are a Pagan family, and it's good to see other Pagan families around. We are in Arizona, and since moving here I have yet to really establish much of a Pagan community.
siorruidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #69
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaBirch View Post

PSG is the Pagan Spirit Gathering in Northern Illinois. It's June 15-22 (it coincides with Litha/ Summer Solstice). www.circlesanctuary.org/psg will give you more info. It's basically a week long pagan gathering with music, workshops, ritual, and spending time with like minded people from across the country.
OH! We used to live in Chicago. I always wanted to go there! Did it used to be in Wisconsin? I thought it was further away, though that could have been just that things seemed further when I was younger.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #70
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
OH! We used to live in Chicago. I always wanted to go there! Did it used to be in Wisconsin? I thought it was further away, though that could have been just that things seemed further when I was younger.

I believe it used to be held in Ohio, but the organization that puts it on (Circle Sanctuary) is in Wisconsin.