Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #61
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgi
Yes. to all of this. SIL literally picks what month she wants her babies born in and is 3/3 on conceiving exactly when she wants to. Meanwhile, took DH and I over 3 years, miscarriage, failed cycles of clomid. If I heard "You're still young! It will happen when it happens!" one more time I'd lose it. Yes, we are still young- AND THEREFORE SHOULD BE FERTILE! Plus, when you want a big family and DH is pushing 28 on baby #1 with zero hope in sight, it's not comforting. SIL would comment "Don't you know when you ovulate? It's not THAT hard to chart." Uh. Yeah. I know I am lucky to ovulate ONCE a year, Haha, I was this person too. Especially having a hard time getting pregnant I was bitter and convinced anyone having a miserable pregnancy just didn't appreciate it enough. Then I got pregnant and spent 6 solid months in the fetal position on my bathroom floor.
My MIL did this to us. After a weekend 5 hours away, a 4 hour doctor visit with a doctor who specializes in something of which there are only 3 doctors of in the US, the description of the MULTIPLE diagnosed illnesses that were causing my body to kill baby after baby, and a list of all the meds it would take to get me pregnant and then *hopefully* keep me pregnant, her response was "wow. Well, I don't know about all that. I still think you're just trying to hard and need to relax." My DH went postal on her, and we now tell her very little. Ridiculous.

I also thought morning sickness was a cute syndrome pregnant people had. Not. HG kicked my *** the first time, and it's killing me slowly this time. I have decided (and thankfully DH respects and say he agrees) that if this baby doesn't work out (knock on wood), we are done. It takes too many meds to get me here, too many risks to stay here, and I can hardly take care of my existing son once I am here because all the meds make the HG 10 times worse. We are REALLY hoping this is our rainbow baby. Of course, we'd always take a natural "relaxed" miracle baby , but these meds are crazy!

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 02-14-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #62
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekat
Most of the time I kind of roll my eyes in my head at newbie parents but every once in awhile they surprise me by coming up with something creative to solve a problem. I try not to fully blow anyone off until I hear them out just in case they are the one with unique mind that can come up with something creative and brilliant.
Yup!!!

Although for me it seems to be the mom newly-pregnant-with-the-first-baby-bought-out-the-bookstore-and-knows-everything who gives me advice.

Or a friend who has only girls giving me advice on raising my boys...news flash: boys ARE different from girls

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #63
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: You just had your first baby. You have all of the answers. Enjoy it while it la

My friend did this to me all the time before she even had her first it was so annoying that I almost couldn't be around her bc she would tell me what to do or just parent my kid right in front of me. Now that hers is a yr old shes backed off quite a bit.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #64
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
My friend did this to me all the time before she even had her first it was so annoying that I almost couldn't be around her bc she would tell me what to do or just parent my kid right in front of me. Now that hers is a yr old shes backed off quite a bit.
My childless SIL parents my kid, but she's a nanny and he listens to her, so I'm ok. I used to be the childless teacher who thought all my parents were crazy. Now I know better!!!!!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote