Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #51
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I get someone to listen and see it

Ha, ha!! Our house is a total party. We have 5 boys and one girl.

I got the email and I put some of the books on hold at my library and put the one they didn't have...The Explosive Child...in my Amazon cart. I just hadn't actually emailed you back yet. Sorry! I'm not sure if Blake has tantrums or meltdowns...I'm sure the answer is both, but he can usually talk/yell, at least yell "NO" but he won't listen while he is tantruming and he is definitely out of control and doesn't stop even if we give in.

I'm not sure on the sensory thing. I need to research that more. He doesn't have any issues with touch or food. He does have issues with noise and covers his ears sometimes. But, he doesn't react any more often when others or big crowds are around than when they are not. He just doesn't fit in and doesn't know how to and then gets frustrated. They did have that book at my library and I requested it. I would love to pick it up today, but it will be Monday before I can get there.

Thank you for the list!

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #52
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I get someone to listen and see it

Oh, I forgot to say, I took the self assessment for the highly sensitive person. He doesn't seem to fit that. I checked 6 boxes. It wanted 14. I maybe could have checked a few more if it was worded a little differently, but probably not more than 2-3 more boxes.