Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Registered Users
Night Training?

DD (2 years 3m) has been daytime PLd for 1 year - she pretty much trained herself. She's dry most naps but only 1-2 nights a week. She wears fitteds & wool at night. Any reason to move to trainers at night (maybe with an insert) or just wait until she's dry most nights & then give it a try. (i.e. Don't try & fix something that's not broken). DS1 was night trained at 2 years 9 months DS2 didn't stop wetting the bed until he was almost 6 years. Thanks!

Genesee married to DH Jon 06/00 ,
DS1 05/03, DS2 10/06 , DD 10/11
mamIIboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Night Training?

I don't have the answer, but the same situation sort of. DS is almost 6 and still not dry at night. DD is almost 4 and is dry about 50% of the time. I've kept her in a pullup overnight and am waiting until she's dry. I hesitate to do anything that might disrupt her sleep. But I know a lot of moms who just switch to undies and that's it.
nionealmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
Has she said she is all done? DS2 has recently night trained too (and I didn't think he was ready). When he was 21 months old he decided to start taking off his diapers during the day. I told him if he wasn't going to wear a diaper he had to use the bathroom and he said ok. He decided he was ready all by himself. He did the same thing at night. One night he said no diaper. I told him he had to use the bathroom and he said ok. He has done very well, maybe only an accident or two in several months. He wasn't dry all night before he decided he was done wearing diapers.
ETA: He went straight to underwear, he didn't want trainers.
Teddyandnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: Night Training?

I never wait until they are dry. A diaper on tells their bodies it is ok to pee. So we just go right into undies a week after potty training. After 7 kids I have never had a bed wetter. 5 were day/night trained by age 2 and 2 kids were day/night trained by 32 months.

If she consistently uses the potty during the day I would try a night in undies with a towel under her and see what happens.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote