Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Waking up in a puddle: what's up with that?

DD has recently moved up to gmd red fitteds that I bought FSOT. We use Disana soakers. Twice in one week, she has woken at eight am with wet clothes. Both times, I had nursed her to sleep at the four am change and fallen asleep beside her. She wasn't latched when I woke up, but she could have very easily nursed most of the night.

The thing that has me stumped is that only part of the diaper is wet. My other GMD diapers wicked the moisture and were wet all over after a pee. Are these repelling? I also do a yellow prefold/premie prefold combo, and I haven't had an issue. (I'm not sure if she has "sleep nursed" in a prefold. I lay down to nurse her at night, but I try pop her off my boob and into the crib after 20-30 minutes. The accidental cosleeping only happens a couple times a week.)

Advertisement

The remodel isn't going well.
IndoorKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If only part of the diaper is wet, then yes, they may be repelling. They may just not be fully prepped. Did the seller use them at all? I'd wash them several times on hot with detergent and go from there. Otherwise, you may just need to increase absorbency. My kiddos could never at any time get throughout the night in just a prefold, especially if night nursing was involved.