Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #21
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Honestly I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything at the moment. Work has been stressful, money has been tight, my hubby has been working more than normal.

I will have a sit down talk with him...see if it helps. My boys do what he does.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #22
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly View Post
This is great in theory. Doesn't happen though. I can rarely get my dh to take both boys. If he does take them he can't handle them and when I come home I have 10 times the work...AND a cranky hubby.
I couldnt live like that. DH is half the parent. I have every right to go do stuff just like he does. Your DH needs to suck it up and learn to be a parent on his own.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone else just get sick of it???

I feel the same way, although, I will say that despite not getting a valentine's day present, I do feel appreciated
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly
Honestly I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything at the moment. Work has been stressful, money has been tight, my hubby has been working more than normal.

I will have a sit down talk with him...see if it helps. My boys do what he does.
I'm sorry, mama. every woman should feel appreciated and loved, I hope your hubby finds a way to communicate his love for you soon >hug<

Mama to 2 amazing daughters: BLW 9/28/2010 JMW 2/07/2013 Wife 3/20/2010
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #25
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep I work full time, plus prep and plan at home or while at the children's activities. I also take classes on line and manage everything in the house because he is only here 1 week out of the month plus weekends

When he is home he complains about how tired he is from working. Yes staying in a hotel all alone where someone else makes your breakfast and does the damn laundry must be oh so difficult. Or those 6-8 hour days you spend sitting on an airplane, am I suppose to feel bad?

He took this promotion against my wishes (long story, I am not over it) and I am left to impose on my mom because he left us with an impossible schedule to try and keep without him here. He registered our son for Karate on the same day our daughter has gymnastics, he also then registered him for soccer which is 2 days/week add that to gymnastics and ballet and I get not one day of being at home. He did all this prior to taking the promotion

When he is home the kids just ignore him, I usually step in because I don't allow them to act like that but today he made plans for us to have dinner at his parents. He has asked them about 10 times in the last 1.5hours to get ready to go. He keeps sitting on the couch watching TV so they don't think he is serious and just keep on pretending to be Olympians.

Last edited by mmmom; 02-16-2014 at 04:23 PM.
mmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #26
Chichidc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly
Honestly I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything at the moment. Work has been stressful, money has been tight, my hubby has been working more than normal. I will have a sit down talk with him...see if it helps. My boys do what he does.
Sometimes it takes being overwhelmed to give some clarity regarding what needs to change. I'm so sorry, not easy and hopefully he'll be amenable to changing. Fwiw, I had to have the convo re helping out and responsibilities w DH half a dozen times before it stuck. Each time he would shape up for 2-3 days before lapsing. Then my frustration would build up again over the next month, and them I'd have to have the convo/blowup again (I definitely could have handled it all better). In any event, sending you my best.
Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:24 PM   #27
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichidc
Sometimes it takes being overwhelmed to give some clarity regarding what needs to change. I'm so sorry, not easy and hopefully he'll be amenable to changing. Fwiw, I had to have the convo re helping out and responsibilities w DH half a dozen times before it stuck. Each time he would shape up for 2-3 days before lapsing. Then my frustration would build up again over the next month, and them I'd have to have the convo/blowup again (I definitely could have handled it all better). In any event, sending you my best.
This is exactly what happens. I break down, he apologizes, then 3 days later it's back to the same. Yes...he's half the parents...but I can't nag him to death because then our marriage REALKY sucks.

I should change my sig...because as much as a ache for another baby..,I'm not sure I could handle it right now.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #28
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm in the same boat.
I'm on maternity leave now...I go back in April and I'm already overwhelmed by the thought of it.
We had $50 to spend on each other for Valentines Day. I got him a new hoodie, made him a candy bouquet and a painting. He left the house at 4:30 on Valentines Day and got me a bag of ROLOS. Yeah. But he stopped at the store and got himself soda and cigarettes.

I feel really unappreciated. If I don't do it around the house it won't get done. He spends more time on his PS than he does with his family. 2 weeks ago we had a HUGE blow-up and he said "I'll only play from 8-10 at night after the kids are in bed & you don't need help". That lasted maybe a week. Saturday he threw a fit about having to go pick up my DD while I finished her party bags & nursed our son...her birthday party was that day. He said "I only got to play 4 games today".
Tonight I took a shower and I come out to hear the baby screaming. The living room is right off of our bedroom...I have to walk by him to get the baby and he says "oh I didn't know you were taking a shower". Talking to him gets nowhere. He gets upset...but I do not get even close to, the same amount of down time as him. It's very frustrating. I feel like I have a partner who is here physically and that's it.

I'm tired of being an option. Of our family being an option. I'm getting counseling through work, but that hasn't started yet.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #29
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone else just get sick of it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaners_Mom View Post
I'm in the same boat.
I'm on maternity leave now...I go back in April and I'm already overwhelmed by the thought of it.
We had $50 to spend on each other for Valentines Day. I got him a new hoodie, made him a candy bouquet and a painting. He left the house at 4:30 on Valentines Day and got me a bag of ROLOS. Yeah. But he stopped at the store and got himself soda and cigarettes.

I feel really unappreciated. If I don't do it around the house it won't get done. He spends more time on his PS than he does with his family. 2 weeks ago we had a HUGE blow-up and he said "I'll only play from 8-10 at night after the kids are in bed & you don't need help". That lasted maybe a week. Saturday he threw a fit about having to go pick up my DD while I finished her party bags & nursed our son...her birthday party was that day. He said "I only got to play 4 games today".
Tonight I took a shower and I come out to hear the baby screaming. The living room is right off of our bedroom...I have to walk by him to get the baby and he says "oh I didn't know you were taking a shower". Talking to him gets nowhere. He gets upset...but I do not get even close to, the same amount of down time as him. It's very frustrating. I feel like I have a partner who is here physically and that's it.

I'm tired of being an option. Of our family being an option. I'm getting counseling through work, but that hasn't started yet.
How old is he?

I can guarantee if that if anyone in my house acted the way he is, he would come home one day to find a large brick had fallen on his PS.

You don't need counselling. HE DOES. He needs to be told he's being an ***. My friend had a problem with her husband and WOW. They went to a counselor who pretty much said to her husband "do you want a family or do you want to play WOW?" !
isabelsmummy is online now   Reply With Quote