Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2014, 02:32 AM   #31
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a diva size 2 and moon cup. Cut the stem off both. I flipped my diva inside out and it works better for me. I find the diva slightly more comfortable.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #32
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a diva size 2 and moon cup. Cut the stem off both. I flipped my diva inside out and it works better for me. I find the diva slightly more comfortable.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #33
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #34
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ummm, how to decide which menstral cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
The stems were already cut off which had me pretty desperate with the Diva size 2. I couldn't grasp it and pull it back out. The size 1 didn't hurt quite as bad and was easier to pull out but holding capacity was a joke for me. I would have needed to empty it every 2 hours. Some days even more often.

Oh I see. That would make it hard. My moon cup I'm able to grab okay without a stem, but after reading this thread I might want to try one with a bit larger capacity (I also have to empty every 2 hr my second day of AF because it's really heavy. And also wear a back up pad..i know kind of defeats the purpose but my flow is super heavy that second day.) It's also slightly uncomfortable pulling the rim out (i didn't know there were better options but I didn't read either) by day 3 I'm usually back to normal and can wait longer between changes.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #35
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets View Post
I couldn't even get it to go in behind my pubic bone. It was in 2001, though, so maybe the rim is a softer design? It was so hard and not soft at all. And HUGE
I thought the same thing Maybe it was user error but i kept trying. I tried it before going to the moon cup almost 2 yr ago. Before that I used the sea sponge.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #36
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703
I thought the same thing Maybe it was user error but i kept trying. I tried it before going to the moon cup almost 2 yr ago. Before that I used the sea sponge.
Me, too. I kept trying & got seriously hurt. Like bruised inside for a couple weeks! The first time I saw a view of the rim compared to regular menstrual cups I was dumbfounded how insanely huge the soft cups are, at that time called "Instead" cups.

If I had to pick just one cup out of the ones I love and decided to keep, it would have to be Sckoon. Awesome capacity, no pronounced rim, soft (yet firm enough to open), and just great! I love that it's way smaller than larger cups, yet it holds way more!

I did not like their customer service, however, and the lady on the phone begged me not to leave a bad review, which I found weird and sort of pathetic, really!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #37
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Oh and what about Meluna? Has anyone tried that? Thoughts?
I have two or three Melunas, love them, I like them because there are so many different sizes, stems, firmness options, etc. available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
Interesting mommypockets!! I choose the US moon cup mainly because it was a good price and I got free shipping through Abbey's Lane.

To pp, it hurt like CRAZY too in the beginning. I was almost in tears and thought there's NO way this is normal. I read a bunch of FAQ and saw that many cut the stem down. So I tried. At first it was better but still uncomfortable (no where as near as bad like when I first put it in). I then trimmed the stem down to pretty much nothing and it has been perfect. I'm not sure what cups would be similar in length with the moon stem trimmed all the way off but i'm curious though. An extra cup on the days I'm at work would be very convenient.
When I first read to cut the stem off, I did and that made a huge difference. I don't need a stem at all and automatically cut them off now.

Quote:
So I'm I Going to be up happy with the Lunette?

If I like it I'd like to add a Meluna and Fleurcup later.
I think you will! I have three Lunettes (they are all the same except different colors) and I love them.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #38
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So I'm I Going to be up happy with the Lunette?

If I like it I'd like to add a Meluna and Fleurcup later.

Amanda (caution- my autocorrect hates me)
I have a Lunette size 2 and like it a lot. I am also petite and trimmed the stem and flipped it inside out. I have had no trouble with removal. I also have a diva, but don't like it much.
The Lunette was my first cup and I will say that it took a couple cycles for my pelvic floor muscles to strengthen up a bit to keep it snugly in instead of slipping especially when full. I cannot imagine going back to tampons.

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #39
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just got my Lunette today. I think it's going to be promising, thanks ladies! I might be adding to my set soon if I like it!
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote