|Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|04-02-2014, 07:55 AM||#1|
What are the new rules for banning/inactivating/no longer here-ing?
Because I was under the impression that you got warnings? It doesn't say you can be banned with no warning... If that has changed, perhaps the FAQ section, from which I quoted the following, should be updated.
You get one warning PERIOD before strikes are given out. When you receive a warning for breaking any rule on DS you are expected to read through the remainder of the Rules and FAQs on DS and familiarize yourself with them so that you don't break any other rules. You will not get a warning for your signature, a warning for spam, etc. Just one warning, then the strikes begin
First Warning - no action taken.
Diaper Swappers utilizes a "3 Strikes" policy to help maintain a clean and positive atmosphere.
Violations that count as a strike:
1. Any hateful, rude, racist, derogatory, foul language (spelled correctly or not, this is a family friendly community), insulting, or otherwise mean content (pictures, blinkies, avatars)
2. The use of your signature, posts, or avatar to promote competing boards (other mama-targeted forums). Additonally, links to sites containing non family friendly content are unnacceptable. Should you have questions about whether something falls in our outside of this rule, PM Lee or Juan for permission/clarification. Decisions are left to the sole discretion of the site owner and mods.
3. Using letters or symbols as a code not understood by the general public
4. Posting one-liners (abrasive sayings), pictures (picture of person with head up their rear end), or smilies (like banging head against the wall) in threads for the sole purpose of further fueling the fire in a hot topic
5. Posting a thread saying, "Hey, look at my siggy" in order to promote your store or product or service
6. Quoting private messages on the forum. Private messages are private.
7. Linking to a FSOT post regarding a negative/neutral feedback left for you
8. Using a slogan, sign, etc that indicates membership in an elitist clique or group: no cliques please
9. Unsolicited purchasing opportunities in thread responses. It is acceptable to link to your store or business in your sig. You just can't "promote" it outside of that.
10. Bashing the site staff or DS as an entity (you can share you opinion in a respectful way, but "DS stinks" will NOT be acceptable). Concerns about the rules, or the manner in which the site is run should be addressed in ask the pros or in a PM to Lee or Juan.
11. Outing yourself either in transaction and feedback or in another forum on DS(outing is making it known who the second person in a transaction is, whether it be yourself or a friend)
Penalties at a Glance
1. 3 signature violations and you permanently lose your signature space, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
2. 3 avatar violations and you permanently lose your avatar space, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
3. 3 violations mentioning competing boards and you permanently lose your PM ability, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
4. 3 spam violations and you are temp banned for 1 month, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
In the event that a situation warrants a more severe action on the part of the mod team, we reserve the right to bypass the warning system set above.
|04-02-2014, 07:58 AM||#2|
Re: What are the new rules for banning/inactivating/no longer here-ing?
Now... the very last line says "In the event that a situation warrants a more severe action on the part of the mod team, we reserve the right to bypass the warning system set above."
That, I took to mean, the people who join as spammers... or someone who creates an account to direct attach another member, or someone who goes Kimmie bat crap crazy, or... I don't know. the equivalent of a suicide bomber strapping on a backpack to come take down the site. So, that makes sense too. If that's what it's for.
I know I'm not the only one afraid to say anything for fear of the ban hammer cracking my skull, so I'd like things to be spelled out a little clearer to make sure I know where the line is.