Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
aryaya
Registered Users
seller

thoughts on bare minerals etc for pregnancy makeup?

I admit I am probably over worried avoiding every odd chemical out there I can while pregnant...I don't plan on revamping my entire makeup collection but am thinking of at least looking into a good natural foundation. What do you all think of bareminerals? Any other suggestions?

Advertisement

aryaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: thoughts on bare minerals etc for pregnancy makeup?

I use bare minerals and like it. I have used other mineral make-up and liked them too but they are hard to find.
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have used bare minerals and it was ok, they usually offer a free trial where you can use it for a month and then send it back if you don't like it. Worth a try. I tried another mineral make-up I didn't like and got my money back that way.

I now use Body Shop, I like their make-up and it has less harsh chemicals than others, I have sensitive skin too so I have to be careful what I use. But it blends in well on my skin and is natural-looking. I don't like their mascara though, it smudges too much for me.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
aryaya
Registered Users
seller

do you ladies know if there are any good liquid foundations or safe concealers?

I may try the baremineral on sephora they always have a good return policy.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
proudmommyjen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Bare Minerals! If you aren't sure about it but want to give it a try, buy the Try Believe Love kit for $20. You can get it at Sephora or Ulta. I like to buy the full size kits on QVC, they are a much better value than Sephora/Ulta if you want the full size products.

proudmommyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryaya View Post
do you ladies know if there are any good liquid foundations or safe concealers?

I may try the baremineral on sephora they always have a good return policy.
i LOVE body shop's concealers. It goes on natural-looking, not cakey. And it stays put. I am prone to pimples so it is brilliant for me. I use a small brush around the edges to blend it in wherever I have covered.

The body shop mineral make-up is like a cream/powder blend. I don't know why but I found powder make-ups like bare minerals just made me look older, because they seemed to stick in the wrinkles. But maybe that is just my skin.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
aryaya
Registered Users
seller

the only thing I don't like about bodyshop is I found out some of their stuff has nano particles in it, which freaks me out a bit
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryaya View Post
the only thing I don't like about bodyshop is I found out some of their stuff has nano particles in it, which freaks me out a bit
Yeah, I am not too sure about that. I would definitely give some of the mineral make-ups a try though if I were you. I actually didn't mind bare minerals and if it doesn't work for you, just return it. I just found something I prefer. I bought BM online directly through their website, and I know they had a great return policy, full money back. All I had to pay was the postage back. But I didn't return it, I used it for a few months. First I tried a different one though that wasn't very good, i can't remember the name. With those ones though you have to sign up for a monthly subscription. Just remember to cancel it after the first one comes, there is no way I could go through that much make-up every month!