Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle
With my 3rd pregnancy I had the same thing, a constant, maddening itchiness. My doctor didn't look at it, but prescribed a yeast cream similar to what you'd use for yeast diaper rash. SO much better! I never got a full-blown yeast infection, just that external itchiness.

It happened again with this 5th baby and I asked for the same cream. Works like a charm. If your midwife doesn't want to prescribe anything, you could try an OTC yeast treatment and just use it externally.
That makes sense. Yeast likes dark moist places. It could be a yeast infection on yr skin. I know a gal with really large breasts. She will sometimes get a "yeast infection" in the skin under her boobs.

Advertisement

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

Re: Itching, not from infection?

I'll try to OTC cream!!! My midwife said she'd prescribe a yeast treatment just in case but she said she really doesn't think it's yeast, and she knows I try to avoid any meds during pregnancy unless there's a good reason to think they'll work.

I'm still having trouble with this and I've tried all the suggestions so far.

Mamas who have had this-- out of curiosity, did you have the itching issues with boys but not girls? I know that testosterone can cause girl-parts to get very swollen, and I wonder if the presence of extra testosterone is just having that effect on me.
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #13
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Research PUPPP - it's a pregnancy rash and may be what you're dealing with. I had major itching with this pregnancy due to
1. Hemorrhoids - they can be itchy, rinse any wet wipes with lots of water to rid them of chemiclals, then soak them In witch hazel and clean the area and put preparation h there to help. Also try to avoid being constipated by eating fruit,etc.
2. Shaving- I felt if I shaved the private area- it made me itchy so I just didn't anymore.
3. UTI- for some odd reason a UTI made me itchy there. I cured it with D-mannose pills and water.
4. Allergies- I washed my clothes and sheets in organic detergent or free and clear ones and no softener- put vinegar in as softener. I'd do a boil rinse on underwear only.
5. Sleep naked- helped wonders
6. PUPPP- an area of the rash got worse after delivery and looks just like a picture of PUPPP so I'm trying to treat that with little success right now
7. Soaps/lotions- switch over to organic soaps and lotions, coconut or oatmeal soaps
are good and shampoos and conditioners all can irritate when in the shower-
8. All cotton is better than latex or spandex
9. Antibacterial lotions and products can be very irritating
10. Food- try eating less white sugar and more vegetables and leafy greens like a spinach salad a day or collards, kale, etc- improving my diet helped and taking a probiotic and colloidal silver to boost my immune system helped
11. Vinegar, neosporin, pink calamine lotion helped on my arm areas a lot. I used neosporin externally in the private areas and an anti itch cream to help me sleep sometimes or just plain powder and being naked helped. I tried it ALL!

Honestly I was hoping having the baby would help all my itching and I'm a week post partum and everything is clearing up except my fingers break out in small blistery sore like excema and the large patch of PUPPP. so I am doing better but want it all gone! Good luck and I know it's irritating.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 AM   #14
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

I normally use an unscented feminine wash, but have had to stop with this pregnancy because of irritation. It's weird. I normally have irritation if I don't use it. Have you tried forgoing the wash?
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #15
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the help, mamas! I haven't tried skipping the wash yet, but I really don't want crotch-stink, lol! I'll give it a try for a few days and see if it helps. Whatever the problem was, it does seem to be getting a little better now.
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #16
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMuffin View Post
Thanks for the help, mamas! I haven't tried skipping the wash yet, but I really don't want crotch-stink, lol! I'll give it a try for a few days and see if it helps. Whatever the problem was, it does seem to be getting a little better now.
Mine got much better after about 25 weeks or so, and then got super itchy again during the last month or so of pregnancy. So so so annoying. But giving birth provided 100% relief
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry. It is the worst. I get that kind of itching like I have an infection for about 3 days before I get my period, it's definitely a hormonal thing, but it feels exactly like a yeast infection. I treat it with canestan cream just in case because it does seem to soothe things, but I do hope it goes away for you!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #18
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

YES! This pregnancy I'm itchy too. To get relief I've been using my homemade diaper rash cream...coconut oil with lavender and tea tree essential oils. It's helped tons. The tea tree oil will help to kill off the bacteria or yeast if there is any (though I'm not testing positive either) and the lavender oil helps soothe the skin. Coconut oil is just a carrier oil making it easy to apply.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #19
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I had that exact same problem. Even pre-pregnancy, I was constantly (and I mean like almost monthly) treating for a yeast infection even though the dr could never actually find yeast. It had all the itching symptoms but nothing else. It was always a few days before I would start my cycle, and ended a day or so after it started. During pregnancy (both boys since you asked) it was AWFUL. My ob on the second pregnancy finally prescribed, and I'll write out what the tube says exactly:

clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream USP 1%0 05% (yes that extra 0 is in there after the 1%, not typo). It is for external use only, but it works like a CHARM. I only ever had to use it once or twice each itchy time and it stopped itching. Luckily now I have mirena and am not cycling so no more itching every month.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

It COULD be cervical fluid. I also struggled with thinking I had a yeast infection all the time. Then I pinpointed it to once a month... It is my cervical fluid. No doctor has ever been able to tell me that either. I just had to figure it out through a maddening search. It really helps me to guzzle water and stop eating so much sugar and white flour. Weird. Acts like yeast but it's not. Bless you mama. I hope it quits soon. I also had Nystatin cream. Works most of the time. And yes it got worse with my boy pregnancy!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote