Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
triplea1019
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi there

Hello all! I'm Ashley, soon-to-be mom of 2. My husband and I have an almost 3 year old daughter, and a second little girl on the way, due to arrive sometime around the end of June/beginning of July.

I finally got my husband aboard the CD train, and am looking to build up a stash. I think I started off a little on the wrong foot for a newborn, so I'm looking in a nudge in the right direction. Our preferred method is going to be covers + inserts/pre-folds, and I got 3 Flip covers and 1 G-diaper cover today plus 12 inserts, before I was informed they probably won't work too well for a newborn. Luckily, I got them second-hand so I didn't spend too much on my foot dip into CDing.

I'd love suggestions on good covers/inserts for newborns, as well as more one-size options. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do pockets as of right now, but I might step into that option a few months down the road.

Along with our little monsters, we have 2 huskies and 2 cats. It's a busy household, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, what's another load or three of laundry per week?

Advertisement

triplea1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:35 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hi there

welcome
Old 04-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Welcome!
I used AIOs and pockets mostly for the newborn stage. I wasn't a fan of the prefolds, fitteds, and covers I tried during that stage, so I can't help you there. Both of my babies have grown out of the newborn sizes very very quickly so not much time to experiment.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #4
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Welcome, I have two husky mix dogs. I hate this time year with them because hair is everywhere LOL.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #5
triplea1019
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Welcome, I have two husky mix dogs. I hate this time year with them because hair is everywhere LOL.
Haha ours haven't started blowing yet, probably because every time it would warm up and they'd start, it would get cold again. Poor dogs probably don't know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
Welcome!
I used AIOs and pockets mostly for the newborn stage. I wasn't a fan of the prefolds, fitteds, and covers I tried during that stage, so I can't help you there. Both of my babies have grown out of the newborn sizes very very quickly so not much time to experiment.
I'm expecting baby to fit in the newborn stage for a little while, otherwise I'd probably lazy out and just do disposables for the first few weeks, as our older daughter was pretty small, and still is (23lbs at almost 3).
triplea1019 is offline   Reply With Quote