Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Cookie sheets

Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
I meant heavier in general. A lot of the ones you see in Walmart or whatever stores aren't the restaurant standard. They aren't as heavy (as in thick/sturdy) feeling either. I don't know what my brand are- They are heavily used and I can't read the bottom any more. But they are intended for restaurants and not the ones you can get from Walmart intended for home use. Mine came from Sam's. Alton Brown bought them from a restaurant supply store. The real difference and important thing to look for is the commercial vs home. You want commercial.

I just looked it up. They are half sized 13x18. That is the one that fits bakers racks and the silicon mats. Its Bakers and Chefs. They make home use ones too that are sold at Target but the commercial grade are it appears are only available in store at Sams. Any brand should be ok- you just want the half sized (fill sized would be a sheet pan) and commercial grade.
I agree. They're heavier than anything I've seen in Walmart or Target, but there's only 1 type available at SAMs. They're commercial grade.

My first 2 pans are over 10 years old and still going strong. They're discolored from use, but still work perfectly. They cook evenly and don't stick (even thought they're not non-stick.) I wash them in the dishwasher. No rust, ever.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
Registered Users
Time for me to go to Sam's...
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I only use stone cookie sheets for that very reason. They are fantastic non-stick without the chemicals and bake so nice and evenly. I have some from Pampered Chef and 1 from Walmart.
Crystal~WAHM to Emma & Liam and wife to Scott.
Stocking Minky and Bamboo Cloth Pads at Tree Hugger Cloth Pads!
Choose from 200+ colors!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

t-fal airbake with a silpat on top.

if your oven has hot spots this is the way to go. makes clean-up super easy, too!
lapedestrienne is offline   Reply With Quote