Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awesome kids

I have to brag. We were shopping and the lines were long at checkout. 30 minutes past lunchtime and we're all starving. I get all y groceries loaded on the belt and wait. Then halfway through the order of the customer in front of me when the register freezes. Took about 5 mins for the supervisor to get over there then she had to call the manager. The manager told the customer in front of me that she could wait for the register to reboot and then they would re-ring everything or she could move to another register. We both chose to wait. No way I was packing my stuff back into the cart and waiting in another line (they gave no indication that they would allow us to move to the front of a new line). Yeah we probably could have gotten checked out quicker if we waited again in a new line but seriously who wants to reload their cart and unload it again?

The kids waited so patiently. Quiet and calm. DD said once this was taking a long time and that was it. That was the only complaint. They handled themselves better than most adults in the same situation. There were no toys at this register only candy. My kiddos are trained not to touch the candy because of dd's allergies but I usually let them look at the toys when they are on the register lane. They had nothing to entertain themselves. They were wonderful. I think they're behavior even made the customer in front of us check her attitude. I could see her getting frustrated and annoyed but the 3 of us were so calm and relaxed. She looked at us a couple of times when she was getting annoyed. I don't know if she was going to complain and then realized we weren't going to play along or if she was just amazed at how well we were taking it . No idea but it seemed to help her lighten up. It wouldn't be the first time my kids behavior has shamed adults into acting better- I mean really if a 3 year old can wait patiently why can't an adult?

About 10 minutes in to the reboot, dd asked if we could play I spy so for the last 5 minutes that is what we did. We left the store happy and smiling, so much nicer than leaving the store all p-oed because we had to wait. Awesome kids, I am so proud of how they handled themselves.

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
Pal2012
Registered Users

Re: Awesome kids

Nice job! My 2 year old would have been freaking out!
Pal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #3
KendraR95
Registered Users

My Mood:

That's wonderful! It always makes me feel proud that I'm actually doing a good job with my kids when they behave the way they should in public, especially at those times where it's 'harder" to do so. (not that my kids don't behave in public, but those times like you described when you're stuck standing in the same spot waiting longer than you normally would is when it gets iffy lol)
KendraR95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

That's fantastic! That is a trying situation for anyone.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
thevetswife
Registered Users

That's amazing and you can tell them you bragged on them! That'll make them feel good.
thevetswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definitely told them I bragged about them. Of course I was in the parking lot high fiving them and telling them what an excellent job they did and how they did better than a lot of adults would have.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #7
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good job! They did handle that really well.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote