Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm having a day

A crappy one where I feel like a crap parent. I'm supposed to begin my first year of homeschooling this fall. I'm seriously doubting my ability to do it. My 3 year old is a demon. He never does anything I tell him. Today my 2 older ones have been arguing and bickering non-stop. Right now they are all in time out and I want to scream and cry. I don't know how I'm going to manage them and homeschool. Cry.

Advertisement

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm having a day

We all have moments like that. Maybe you need some time to figure out some strategies for keeping the peace once school starts. Seating arrangements, behavior charts, coming up with rules together. My kids fight more during vacations. Usually school keeps them too busy.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah I do need some type of behavior system. I think once we get into it I'll be okay with the older 2. It's the 3 y/o I'm stressing most over. He really is a terror lately. He started getting really bad a few months ago and he makes me crazy. Most days its all I can do not to lose my patience! And apparently my 10 y/o is starting flippin mood swings and she freaks out and cries at the stupidest things.

K R M
Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
beth7033
Registered Users

During summer is when my kids are the craziest and I don't know how I'll manage to homeschool them. But when the regular routine of school starts, they all calm down. Even the little terrors (I've had a few, including one turning 3 next month who is my most challenging yet) calm a bit when the day has more routine to it, and the olders are busy with work. Sorry your're having a bad day
beth7033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can relate I had a three year old terror. He's 4 now and we have seen him turn a corner. Just in time because I have a 2.5 year old that needs to take a turn at being awful. One thing that really helped us was that the younger ones got a schedule up that they can see. We stuck with the schedule even when school "ended" because they liked it so much.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Geez, I hope he turns a corner soon or I may officially lose my freakin mind.

K R M
Old 07-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #7
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Seriously though what is it about summer that makes kids crazy?!

K R M
Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Jakesmama2002
Registered Users
seller

3 is such a hard age! It's like they turn a corner and you're going, 'hey, where's my baby?! And why are you so opinionated, loud, rude and why do you ignore everything I say?' I totally get it.

I think the pp are right - things will calm down with more routine in the fall. Take lots of deep breaths (they are scientifically proven to reduce stress and change your brain chemistry in the moment!). It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed and a bit triggered by your 3yo's behavior. It's so hard to manage their big emotions when we're feeling angry or frustrated ourselves!

I think you can do this because homeschooling isn't something that people just go 'oh, gee, I think I'd like to maybe homeschool my kids. Yeah, I wonder if that'll work.' Meaning that you probably put a lot of thought, research and planning into it. It might be a rough month getting everyone started but it's sure to pay off HUGE!

Summer is crazy, unorganized and spontaneous - makes kids wig out a little.

If you can, find some time (I'm talking like 10 minutes a day) to just give yourself some love and attention. 10 minutes a day is almost 3 days in a year! I know it can seem like a tall order some days but even just an extra long shower or some slow stretching on the floor can make a big difference in how overwhelmed you feel.

Hang in there! And it looks like we're "neighbors" - what part of WA are you in?
Jakesmama2002 is offline   Reply With Quote