Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
DecsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help! I'm at a loss for what to do.

DS, potty learned since New Years has started peeing his pants and the bed for a week now. It doesn't even seem to phase him. When I ask him if he pee'd his pants, he says no, even when he did. He's refusing to go try in the potty. I don't know why he's doing this or what to do about it. Help!

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

He has just regressed and very child does it. I would make him help clean it up and go back to giving rewards for when he does go potty but all of that is perfectly normal.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! I'm at a loss for what to do.

This is happening at night? Maybe set an alarm for one or two times during the night and get him up to go to the bathroom. I never did that but some of my relatives and friends have done that with success.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
DecsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He has been fully potty learned since January, day and night. This is sudden. He's only doing it while he's awake. He'll wake up and do it in the morning. This morning, he woke up and pee'd in two spots on his carpet. Then he climbed back into bed. I don't get it.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
alilivi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Regression is normal.. try putting a potty in his room, remind him its there and that's where he should pee. better to wake up to a potty full of pee than a carpet full of pee :-D
alilivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does he have any other symptoms? As the mother of a diabetic, it was the first thing that crossed my mind. You will usually notice decreased bladder control because they are going so often. When you said he peed twice in the morning I just wanted to make sure I brought it up in case there was a medical reason for it.

Have there been any changes lately? My dd did this when her sister was born. She would wake up dry ,pee her bed and then get up and ask me to change the sheets. She had been fully potty trained for 6 months also, shewas upset about the changes and it was her way of showing it. I agree with the others it is normal and I had her take her sheets off and 'help' me make the bed. The biggest thing for us was not giving her any reaction at all. I just dealt with the clean up and pretented pike I didn't care. It got really old for her because she was sitting in a wet bed not me. Also I reinforced that she was big girl and big girls get ice cream, to go to grammas,school ect but babies miss out on those things.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #7
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Also constipation can cause that. Basically if bad it can up pressure on a full bladder and there you go. You can try upping water intake and fruits for a bit to see. Gl
Old 07-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
Jakesmama2002
Registered Users
seller

I second all of the above. It could be medical so get that checked out (diabetes, constipation, and I'm sure there are other things that cause it). If it isn't medical then just be matter of fact about all of it. "Oops, it looks like you peed here instead of the toilet. Now we'll clean it up." Just be patient - the accidents will pass with calm and clear communication.

If something is different in his life - starting daycare, friend moved, baby is getting into his things (I see your youngest is about the same age as mine - toddlers!), or really anything that might matter a lot to him but wouldn't necessarily register on our radars - then getting to the bottom of that will help too.

Be consistently calm and keep breathing! This will pass.
Jakesmama2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Invest in a carpet shampooer and plastic mattress and pillow covers
Just about every kid will do this at some point.
Gentle reminders can help. "oh we need to pee in potty not our pants because we are bigger now."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2