Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #141
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The I Love MotherEase thread for 2014!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
I don't have a pic, but the small econome is the same size as the meos with the rise folded down. There is no fold down rise on the econome. I am adding snaps to some small econome to make a fold down rise and a nb diaper for a friend. This is what we will do next time. Although, many people love the sandy's. Not sure about the covers...we use thirsties.
I would LOVE to see a before and after shot of this and see where you add the snaps!
Maybe a silly question: If the rise is same as the meos folded down, why would you need to make the rise even smaller? Shouldn't it already fit?

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #142
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

I just found this thread. You guys are very bad, because you are starting to convince me this might be the next thing to try. I just don't like AIO or pocket diapers, so have been using prefolds/other kind of insert and covers, but just haven't found something I love.

I'm hesitant about fitteds because of the bulk. Suggestions? I've been looking at their Wizard Duo system, and also the econoMe. Can someone point me to pictures of where I can see any ME products on babies?

And... you could work to sell me on ME as well. Why do you love them? Are there disadvantages?
NEkalmia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #143
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Oops, just saw that some of my questions have been asked recently. Sorry! I'm trying to read the thread and type my post in between soothing a fussy baby...
Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #144
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just saw the wizard duos and had to pinch myself.... they look AMAZING! Any idea what kind of absorbancy is in the unbleached cotton? Also: Is the leg elastic the same as on the meos?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #145
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Some of your questions are answered on the website but the forum won't let me post the link. Try copying and pasting this and see if it works (otherwise try adding the http): cart.mother-ease.com/shopexd.asp?ID=644

Just wish I could see one and try one before committing to buying. My baby has horrible slimy poos (we are working on figuring that one out. Until then... yuck! they ooze EVERYWHERE). And so I am wondering if this really would keep them in. I also am wondering if they really are a trimmer fit than the regular fitteds. I would love to see a pic of a Duo compared to a Sandy, one size, and/or AF cover.

I have looked at a lot of AI2 systems. I really like how this one does not have any PUL touching the baby's skin, and how the insert attaches firmly to the cover. Nice! Just not ready to commit to it when prefolds + covers are certainly working for us.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #146
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can see just from the pics that the duo would have to be trimmer because of the cover design compared to the airflow. Not sure about the duo insert compared to the meos, though. The sandys are def bulkier than either of them but I bet they contain more.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #147
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Oh. My. Goodness.

Now I know why you all love MEOS and I am sold on at least TRYING the Duo (since they sound like the best style of ME diaper for me). If they work as well as a MEOS then I will not regret the investment.

After reading this thread and looking up the diapers (What does MEOS stand for? What do they look like? Why are people raving about them?) I realized that I have one. I had bought one secondhand while I was pregnant, but because it looks like such a large diaper, I just set it aside for after she is bigger.

Well, today, realizing that it actually is one-size, and I knew I was going out and would be out of the house for a couple hours, not TOO long to go between changes, but longer than we normally do, I put the MEOS on.
Not only were we out, but DD had a large nasty slimy poo. And you can see where it just oozed over the diaper like it always does but then it got to that elastic and it STOPPED. That is the first time in probably 2 months I have been able to reuse a cover after a poo. AND it was the easiest to clean up because there was so much fabric, I could easily wipe her with the leftover diaper, so there wasn't poo left on her bottom for her to stick her feet into while I was finishing cleaning and changing her. (Those tricky little feet, why do they always go where I don't want them to go?)

I sincerely hope the Duos work that well also. I just can't quite get myself to do all of the snaps and layers and extra fluffy butt of a MEOS, so hopefully there is the same great quality in other ME products. Before, they just sounded interesting. Now I really, really want them to work.

Last edited by NEkalmia; 08-05-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #148
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

NEkalmia: Thanks for the pm and thread link. I bumped it to see if I can get more opinions and reviews.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 AM   #149
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What is the staydry material? Suedecloth? or something else?
Old 08-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #150
birdseye
Registered Users
Formerly: clothbyl**
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant4Christ View Post
I would LOVE to see a before and after shot of this and see where you add the snaps!
Maybe a silly question: If the rise is same as the meos folded down, why would you need to make the rise even smaller? Shouldn't it already fit?
I don't have pictures.

Before I added snaps, there were six front snaps. I added 4 snaps to the front so I can fold down the rise. The snaps look just like the snaps on the front of the meos.

I had a 6 lb newborn. I truly don't think the meos would have fit him as a newborn. By making the front of the small econome fold down, it makes a smaller option. Using the small unfolded on a small baby has less bulk than the meos folded down. I just wanted some more options for my friend.
birdseye is offline   Reply With Quote