Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
chamise
Registered Users
seller

Does anyone use fitteds full-time?

I am getting tired of snapping on prefolds onto my two kids. And changing them when we are out, ya, getting tired of it. So I was thinking of going fitteds full time. Though I know how expensive that is.

Does anyone do fitteds full time? What fitteds do you use?

So far I have Sbish OBFs, snapless, hlc, and toddlerease sandys.

Advertisement

chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Does anyone use fitteds full-time?

Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. I have fitteds and prefolds. I use whatever I am in the mood for. We have a mix of brands. I just decided to look for any brand fitted that was selling for $10 or less. Made it much less expensive than full time fitteds could have been. We currently have around 30 fitteds and 2 dozen prefolds for 1 toddler.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #3
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Most mamas I've seen on here that actually use fulltime fitteds (on multiple kids) tend to have a very streamlined stash that fits all kids..... usually motherease one size with some sandys for the itty bitty stage.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I go back & forth between mostly pfs or mostly fitteds w/ my twins. I have 3 doz pfs & somewhere around 40fitteds. Those are a mix...20 Osocozy size 2 (my girls are at the bottom of size range & I love the fit right now, 10 cheapie bamboo fitteds off aliexpress (fine if you need cheap fitteds & I love both the stretchy fit & the inserts, but not wonderful snap quality), & a mix of brands left from DD1, including KL, Kiwi Pie, GM, MEOS, Pooters, & Babykicks.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not full time but I just got a dozenGMD workhorses, I use with a snappi. I'm happy with them and that they don't cost too much. I sized up because dd has a long rise and use them with a snappi. I prefer the snappi to snaps as well.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
CaraRae
Registered Users

I use mostly fitteds, mine are ones I sewed from old receiving blankets and cotton babies prefolds . I have some prefolds I use if I run out before the fitteds r dry. I would like to get some workhorse just to try out to compare to my home made version.I use a snappi, u get better fit that way.
CaraRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I use mainly fitteds until they hit about two and then they and I don't have the time or patience. I have AIOs for my two year old, but I have workhorses and sbish snapless for when they are little.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #8
chamise
Registered Users
seller

I have yet to find an AIO that fits my 18mo old. He's in the 90th percentile for weight and height and has outgrown the rise and waist on my sbish one size and grovia hybrid shells. He's on the last snaps for my blueberry coveralls. He fits in the ME toddlerease Sandys though.

His size 4 grovias barely fit him in angle fold and trifolding it always gives me leaks. So I am thinking for Sandys or getting XL sbish.
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:59 AM   #9
nellycakes80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use fitteds ft.. I love them! I started out with mostly gmd wh's but have now am happily (but broke) just switching over to half poppy fields (which are amazing!) and half firefly's, which are great but they ain't no poppy's; D ... Maybe just get a half stash of fitteds for when u don't want to mess with pf's?
... I justify my poppy's cuz they're os and we plan on 1 more lo (I have to even justify here )
Old 08-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #10
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I am now. Although, I only cloth diaper part-time now as my son's new daycare isn't as into it/ I got burnt out from stuffing pockets during busy times at work.
Now I don't even fold his diapers.... Hahaha. I use them straight out of the laundry basket. ME Toddleases and either XL MEAFs or wool. I'm hoping to be successfully PLing my kiddo in the next few weeks, so we will see.

Last edited by kirst; 08-05-2014 at 01:37 AM.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote