Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2015, 12:58 AM   #1
Jennie0828
Registered Users

My Mood:
Diaper rash

Can NOT get rid of this diaper rash. Tried micro fleece liners, changing detergent, watching her diet, striping diapers, ointment, naked time, hydrocortisone steroid cream from prescription. Doctor told us to use disposables, it's been a few days and I guess that seems to help, but i want to get back to cloth. It will go away then come right back. Please help. I can imagine how uncomfortable my poor baby feels with constant rash for months!

Advertisement

Wife to Aaron, Mother to Edith Rose 4/15/15. Cloth Diaperer, Baby Wearer, Breast Feeder, Bed sharer, Baby Food Maker, Elimination Communication, Type 1 Diabetic, Advanced Maternal Age, stay at home mom, home owner, patron of the performance arts, and the MOST BLESSED.
Jennie0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:12 AM   #2
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What does the rash look like? What did the doctor determine it was?

((Jamie: mom to five & Baby W due 01/5/16! Domestic diva, in love with my firefighter.
*My posts are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice*))
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Diaper rash

look like would help
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:58 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, is it a yeast rash? If so probiotic for baby (or for you if too young - though we still gave it when full breastfeeding) to fix the bacteria balance in babies gut to not reinfect the bum. It was explained to me that yeast rashes are gut inbalance that infects a standard diaper rash, so you need to fix the inbalance and fix what is causing the diaper rash to begin with.

Also if you are dealing with yeast make sure the diapers are being sanitized, honestly clorox bleach is the easiest, safest, cheapest, least damaging option to ensure yeast is dead (as much as I hate using it). If diapers are not getting sanitized the diapers could be reinfecting bum too.

Do disposables help? If so keep her in them until it's fully clear - even a few days after.

Once you get the rash under control if you can work with your cloth diapers to figure out what is needed. DD had chrontic yeast rashes. I discovered for her she need suedecloth stay dry fulltime (vrs fleece) she needs absorbent enough diapers to help lock the moisture away from the suedecloth, and she needs to be in wool covers as much as possible (though luckily not full time required).

When yeast rash was present what worked for us (along with the probiotic) was:
* 2-3 times a day generic monistat7
* 1-2 a day and only when rash was really bad over the counter hydrocortisone cream (I'd read this can cause skin issues if overused).
* At every change not using something else used a homemade bum oil mixture containing Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Grapefruit Seed Extract -- all 3 are natural fungus fighters.

DD does better in sposies they keep her dry and rash free. But we figured out how to stick with cloth with some patience and trial & error. I can't say she ever had a consistent rash for months though it would come stay for too long and come back after a few days... are you dealing with similar? We started getting it figured out about 7-8m when I started trying out wool.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. Everything must go! Check Lots: CV, TR, WL

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-23-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
Jennie0828
Registered Users

My Mood:

It just looks like a regular diaper rash. We have determined that it is not yeast. We have tried antifungal cream and they do not help. To sanitize diapers I am boiling all of them. I read that kills more yeast and bacteria then bleach. I don't think my husband is very good about remembering to add the micro fleece stay dry liner as I am. Maybe that is the problem. She has been in disposables for four days and the rash has cleared up. I will have a conversation with my husband. And get some micro suede.
Wife to Aaron, Mother to Edith Rose 4/15/15. Cloth Diaperer, Baby Wearer, Breast Feeder, Bed sharer, Baby Food Maker, Elimination Communication, Type 1 Diabetic, Advanced Maternal Age, stay at home mom, home owner, patron of the performance arts, and the MOST BLESSED.
Jennie0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IF she is better in sposies, then I would say stay dry is a must, though another option maybe being creams every change, and then look into wool covers.

If you think DH is not good about the liners - I since you have the fleece try full time with Fleece liners first. Either prepare the diapers for him -- if not possible or he just can't remember, he may have to stick with sposies (though that will also mess u the trial and error process). If you use PUL and Mircofleece and that rash stays away, great! If not, you can start looking into options. If the rash comes back and and is very bad it might be worth doing sposies for it to clear up before starting your next combination.

Since DD had chronic yeast, it also mean she was getting diaper rashes often too (and they were then getting infected) so I know what it is like trying to figure this all out.

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. Everything must go! Check Lots: CV, TR, WL

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-23-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #7
Leileimarie
Registered Users
seller

So sorry to hear about your little one. When I just started to use cloth for my daughter she got an awful rash and long story short I stopped using cloth. (This was mostly due to discouragement from others). Anyway I thought it was yeast as well and disinfected all of my diapers. I can't remember exactly what I used anymore but I did use Grapefruit seed extract when washing them. I love that stuff! Anyway, it ended up not being yeast and just being acidity from food which I thought I ruled out. Now if she has too much fruit (which she would eat all day) she will get red. That was such an awful rash and just like you would keep coming back. It was cracking and bleeding awful. What ended up working for me and I use preventively if she had a lot of fruit was to dab and antacid like Maylox on with a cotton ball. Then a diaper cream and then I use a powder from Honest Company. Also the doctor told me to stop using disposable wipes. Don't know if any of this will help but hope it clears up! Poor baby! Oh and I am now using cloth on baby #2

Mama of my two loves { 10/24/13 & 5/31/15} and wife to my best friend. "Today is gone, today was fun, tomorrow is another one" ~ Dr. Seuss
Leileimarie is offline   Reply With Quote