Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
hgooch
Registered Users

Newbie expecting twins!

Hi All!

My hubby and I are THRILLED to be expecting twin boys in May after a many year journey to parenthood! I'm so excited to cloth diaper but am OVERWHELMED by all the information out there! I feel pretty confident once they get a little bigger...it's what to do for (probably on the small side since they're twins) newborns!! I really want to cloth diaper them as newborns but don't want to burn out my hubs from the beginning. Any thoughts on what's best to start with? And how many to have for two? Thank you all in advance for your wisdom!!

Advertisement

hgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Newbie expecting twins!

Hello and congrats. I have 1 year old girl twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newbie expecting twins!

Welcome, and congrats!

I think a lot of mamas do their DH a disservice by making him think he is not capable of changing diapers as well as she is. I say do the research, see what the options are--with prices!!--and lay it all out to DH. See what he thinks. I've heard that men are better at swaddling babies because it is an engineering task. Well, so is diapering! Dads are great at it, unless they're told from the start that you got him this set of "easier to use" diapers. Give the guy the credit he is due, he is capable.

My DH is more driven by cost savings, and therefore has diapered up to 5 children at a time in full time cloth, starting at 4.5 lbs. Oh yes, and that was in flats and PUL covers, or flats and wool soakers/pants. This is a guy who fixes tractors for a living. I'm home during the day, so he does most of the changes when he is home. Don't underestimate fathers!
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote