Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #101
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Re: New Year Chatter!!!

Here its the MIL's who's water pipe burst. She has no idea when as she doesn't go down into her basement (her house is a 5 bed 2 bath house on 5 acres for one lady on oxygen who can't run the vacuum and shouldn't be driving as she can't see).

It was a balmy 9 here today but with windchill still at below zero temps so another indoor recess.

J is allergic home made laundry detergent. But I used to use borax only to wash his diapers in when he was little and he had no issues with that. He is very allergic still to lavender.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #102
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
AHHH!!!! No way! I'm so sorry. How far away is your MIL?
She's close so no worries, but DH fixed it. Yeah DH! The bail money fund is safe from me for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabekgirl View Post
Here its the MIL's who's water pipe burst. She has no idea when as she doesn't go down into her basement (her house is a 5 bed 2 bath house on 5 acres for one lady on oxygen who can't run the vacuum and shouldn't be driving as she can't see).

It was a balmy 9 here today but with windchill still at below zero temps so another indoor recess.

J is allergic home made laundry detergent. But I used to use borax only to wash his diapers in when he was little and he had no issues with that. He is very allergic still to lavender.
That MIL situation does not sound good at all.

I want to sew a personalized tote. I looked up several patterns the other day and found like 3 I love. I was trying to decide between them but one of my lovely family members closed all my internet tabs. Of course now I can't find any of them.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #103
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Jen, you should be able to find them in your history. Have you checked there?

I am very glad none of our pipes burst while we were gone, though after DH pointed out that we have heat vents under all of our sinks, I wasn't too concerned. And, we had someone coming over to take care of the cats, so at least we weren't going to come home to a burst pipe without knowing about it.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM   #104
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Jen, you should be able to find them in your history. Have you checked there?

I am very glad none of our pipes burst while we were gone, though after DH pointed out that we have heat vents under all of our sinks, I wasn't too concerned. And, we had someone coming over to take care of the cats, so at least we weren't going to come home to a burst pipe without knowing about it.

Heat vents under the sinks are brilliant. Is that a Northern thing or just the genius that built your house?
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #105
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Just the genius that built the house, I guess, as I live in Oklahoma. lol

Everywhere we have lived where cold is an issue, the pipes were insulated. We never had a problem with our puppies in Alaska freezing, nor in Michigan.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #106
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pretty sure auto correct helped keep your 'puppies' from freezing.

I thought of history but couldn't remember what day it was. I finally ended up finding a different one that I'm telling myself I'll like just as well. I do think it will turn out cute if I don't mess it up. I have most of the pieces cut, so we'll see.

Our pipes in the kitchen are set up really stupid. DH is thinking about totally redoing them but some of them are hard to get to. We need to do something though!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #107
gheera47
Registered Users

Ugh! Took all day for the drs to send orders for a flu test. Then when we got there ,3:30, there was some mix up. They didn't do the test till 4:55.

Not a pleasant test either. They stick a cotton swab WAY up into the sinuses. Both DS2 and I took the test. He screamed bloody murder and honestly I can't blame​ him. Dr also ordered a strep test, but the lab could not do it!? Said we could go up to the hospital or go into the drs office in the morning.

My plugged milk duct is not better. It's super sore and splotchy red. So I:d probably end up at the drs tomorrow anyways.

DS2 responds really well to acetaminophen or Ibuprofen. He perks up shortly after I give it to him. Before that, he's laying on the floor beet red and whining. Honestly, I don't think the ibuprofen has done anything for me.

I really hope the baby doesn't get it. She go her flu shot, but DS2 and I did not.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:26 PM   #108
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Just the genius that built the house, I guess, as I live in Oklahoma. lol

Everywhere we have lived where cold is an issue, the pipes were insulated. We never had a problem with our puppies in Alaska freezing, nor in Michigan.

Oh sorry!!!! I always think you are Northeast.

We haven't had the pipe freezing problem here in this house either, but it's new.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:28 PM   #109
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

G-there's nothing like a terrible trip to the doctor. Yuck.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #110
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen, what do you do during your littles EI? Do you go about your business or do you sit and watch?
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote