Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Tubal reversal

Anyone had a successful tubal reversal? I had mine tied when I had DD and regretted it ever since. SO and I have been talking about it, and we want another baby. But I am so scared to going back into another surgery and it not working. Anyone have one? How bad was the surgery? TIA!

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tubal reversal

A good frined of mine had a tubal reversal on only one side and was pregnant in 2 cycles and all is going well. That is the only one i know of..
Old 07-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
anna.worley
Banned

Since your tubal have you had any cycle changes? My OB says it is all in my head but I'm not so sure!
anna.worley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I'm still BFing so no cycle yet
Old 07-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
reanne1000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a tubal reversal done oct 2003 and concieved Jan 2004. My dh was deployed during one of the months so I really got pregnant the 1st time we could try. We have a normal pregnancy and birth, one miscarrage in April (not related to the surgery) and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant.

The surgery wasnt too bad. I was really sore for 1-2 weeks. The first 3-4 days were the worst. The cut is about 5-6 inches long and is right at the binkini line. Mine was done almost 4 years after my tubal. There are different success % based on the type of tubal. I think the easiest to reverse is the pularoy? Please email me if I can help you out or if you have any questions
reanne1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
mommypooh
Registered Users

My DH aunt had hers reversed about 2 or 3 years ago, but she had it done 3 years prior and she was 40 when the reversal was done. Now she did have to use IVF to get pregnant, but I think that was more the fact that she was older already and her DH had gotten a V done and had to have that reveresed as well. So The ended up Pregnant, but it was lots of work and money. I know for the first 3 weeks after the reversal she hired a teen to come in during the day and watch her youngest during the day until dad came home, so she could rest.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is a Dr in texas who does reversals as a ministry. Basically he does not charge you for his services...you pay for the operating room, and he allows you to recover in a hotel nearby, while he checks on you after he releases you.

A df had hers done years ago..she had 4 kids under 3, and her husband wanted to be done. So they did the tubal, and she regretted it.

Four years after her first set of kids was born, she went to this man and had her reversal done. And went on to have 3 more kids.

He is very careful to use silk sutures...they cause the least amount of scarring.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
mamato5angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did I did and here is my story - Hang on it might be a little long.

Well it all started when DXH didn't want any more children after 2. I chose NOT to wait the 30 days to help you make up your mind (big mistake but that is another story) so I had it done. Well lo and behold 6 weeks later he leaves (where is the slime blinky). To make a long story short I met my current DH (of 8 years) about 6 month later. He had 2 I had 2 and we wanted more. So I went back to the DR. that tied them to see if there was any hope in getting then untied and he was optimistic that there should not be any problems with it as mine were banded ( picture bending your finger and putting a rubberband around the knuckle) instead of being cut and tied or burned. This was also a little over a year since I had had them tied. Well now the fun part. what was suppose to be a few hour surgery took 7 hours with 13 staples (across my new found smile). I was to spend 4 days in the hospital but was very lucky and only stayed 2 . Now I was told that if you do not concieve in 6 months you most likely wont. Don't take to much of that to heart. I was almost 5 years after having them unties when I got with my little Isaac. ( now 3) I did have some help from some progesterone cream also. I had 2 histosalopeinograms (sp) done and my tubes stayed open. It was just a matter of time.

I don't remember the recovery being really really bad. I mean it was the first few days but that is when you have all the "good" hospital drugs anyways so who care. lol I really do not think that it is much different than having a C-section (never had one before just guessing) as far as the healing time goes. If you have any question please email or PM me I would be willing to talk to you.
mamato5angels is offline   Reply With Quote