Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #1
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Torn Cervix- TMI

I was wondering if anyone has heard of tearing your cervix during labor. When I was in labor, I had no meds and I couldn't help but to push. I can remember the nurses coming in and saying that it wasn't time and that if I pushed I might tear my cervix.

Before I had my son, my cervix was like a doughnut (KWIM?) nad now, it has a spot that is much lower. Like it tore??? I am not sure, but I had a miscarriage last month (we are not trying) and I was reading something about it being hard to conceive with a torn cervix? I really just want to know if I screwed up my chances of having another baby because I pushed too hard/ too fast/ too soon with my 22 month old ....

Thank you, Misti

Advertisement

greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Torn Cervix- TMI

My cervix tore when i was having my son, the dr had to vaccuum him out of me due to severe preeclampsia, she sewed my cervix, i also had no meds and i FELT that needle sewing

Did your Ob not sew you back afterwards,? i don't think it will affect conceiving, i'm not sure but i'd call the Ob and tell them your concerns, goodluck
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have ANY good words for my Dr. except that he did catch my baby... At least he didn't drop him. No, he didn't sew me that I am aware of. It is supposed to feel like a doughnut after delivery too isn't it?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:52 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'd go look for another dr and fast so they can fix what that dr messed up, im sorry and hope you do go look for another dr to see

22 months is a long time to be waiting and wondering, i think it may be fixable though, i hope you are able to have another baby when you'd like to, im really not sure about it affecting conceiving, only because the baby is in the uterus and only uses the cevix to pass out of the body kwim?
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:01 AM   #5
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

My cervix has always been sort of "lop-sided"... even before kids it was never "donut shaped". It has caused no problems for me. If you are concerned, I would get checked out (I would personally see a DIFFERENT doc, or a midwife)
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for the responese I will try that. Thanks ladies!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YOur cervix changes after birth. My dr said it was nice and tight pre child and now it is liek a funnel with an opening in the end.

hth

If you are worried please get checked out!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #8
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

I don't have experience with this, but I would think that a torn cervix would heal itself resonably well after 22 months. Don't you think?
I hope so, for you!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was in the air force, the doctor I worked with told me that they can tell the difference of a woman who has had a child and a woman who hasn't by the shape of her cervix. (I was helping with a Pap, and she was explaining this to me). She said that before having a baby, you're nice and closed, and it's like a "pin hole", nice and round. After having a baby, the pinhole is more like a "slit" and that the cervix is no longer round, and may even "funnel" where it's slightly open on the outside, but tight on the inside!

I think you're probably normal! I never felt my cervix before having babies, but it's definately NOT round now! LOL! I would say it even feels like maybe there's a "lip" on one side. LOL! it's hard to describe! If i EVER get out of school (i'm a pre nursing major, wanting to have my RN and work in L&D) then I'm sure I'll have plenty of experience with cervix's then!

Good luck, mama!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #10
Kellyd
Registered Users

If your cervix tore during labor you would have known it- there would have been a lot of bleeding that would have required stitches to repair it. It's probably just like everyone else has said- your cervix changes with pregnancy- not just with delivery, but with any pregnancy- or if it's ever been dilated (such as with a D&C) even if you've never been pregnant. If you aren't comfortable with the OB you have now- then you definately need to change. To me I'd rather be comfortable with the person who's gonna deliver my babies than any other MD I use.
Kellyd is offline   Reply With Quote