Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
loulou belle
Registered Users
My Mood:
Dye Test????

So I went to the OB on Monday and she said I have ovarian cysts and that I would have to have a u/s in two weeks, and after that I would have a dye test.

My previous ob told me that it hurts, and you have mild cramping. Has anyone else done this?

loulou belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Dye Test????

I had it done in order to have a tuba reversal, they needed to measure the lenght of the tubes left. It wasnt too bad.

The nurse told me since my tubes were blocked it would cause alot of pressure when the tubes filled because the dye ws trying to push through. It was heavy cramping but tolerable. I found that if I moved more to the side when it got alot of pressure it was not as bad.

She also said that if you have has children it isnt as bad because you have some weakness where they insert the cath. It shouldnt be too bad. I was able to walk out fine. There was mild cramping throughout the day but none the next. They said you coul take tylonol before to help ease the discomfort.

gOOD LUCK and if you have any questions I'd be glad to help if I can.
reanne1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:43 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Dye Test????

I'm wondering too, I will have one in about 2 months. I'm really nervous about it for a lot of reasons, any info or links would really be helpful.
DS Feedback:
I've been BOO'd!!!
FunnyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote