Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Where can I find nursing shirts/tanks to fit me?

I'll probably be at least a size 16 at first like I did with my last DD- but I'll be a 38 H probably in the bust. I'd like to have a few good nursing tanks/shirts this time so I don't have to wear a HUGE blanket over me in public. But every tank I find has a bra in it- I am totally convienced that a built in bra in anything will NEVER work for me. Whether I'm nursing or not I need alot more than a built in bra! Plus I don't want cleavage showing. I am very busty - but it's for my DH eyes only! Are there any reasonable places I can get some shirts or tanks to fit my bust that won't cost me $45. I was thinking a tank with no built in bra might work for me under a button down shirt. I was also thinking about buying some tanks to fit me and cuting them at the shoulders and sewing in some velcro to make a nursing tank for myself. I know it wouldn't look pretty alone- but I was planning on wearing them under button down shirts anyway. Has anyone tried doing that before?

Thanks for the advice everybody!!
Elizabeth

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where can I find nursing shirts/tanks to fit me?

i have no suggestions for nursing clothes since I didn't buy ANY. i had a similar problem, but different (I'm like a 36 F or so right now, so i just have a huge cup size, but not so huge rib cage, which is impossible to buy for).

anyway, go to www.granolababies.com and look around in the mama items for things called "belly huggers." i got two of these, and use them all the time in public. they're just stretchy tubes basically that you can put on under any normal shirt, so when you hike it up to nurse your belly doesn't show. then you can wear your normal nursing bras that ACTUALLY hold you up, unlike those "bras" they put in those stupid tank tops. god I hate those, they're such a joke.

anyway, HTH!!! and congrats!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

www.motherhood.com

I've liked their nursing shirts and they have some cute stuff on clearance right now.

Good luck from one big busted lady to another!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh thanks mamas! I'll go check these out while I bump this up to see if anyone else has some more advice for me!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

I can't remember where i read it but a momma bought the mens "wife beater tanks" and cut slits where they needed to be cut and wore them under other shirts. I loved the idea and went and bought the tanks but i haven't went as far as to cut them yet....i'm sure i will when it starts to get cooler and layering will be more comfy.
SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
jeniperlyn is offline   Reply With Quote