Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Does teething really cause...

Teething does not cause "diarrhea".. but it does cause really runny poops. The main reason is that most babies swallow a lot of the extra saliva and mucous that their body is producing and that makes for much softer and looser stools. Not all loose or runny poop is considered diarrhea. This is because diarrhea is considered loose or runny stool that is caused by virus or bacteria or food bourne illness or allergy.

And while breathing cold air can make your nose run, it does not cause colds. Colds ARE caused by viruses. However, when your body is cold, it is more succeptible to disease as it is using a lot of it's energy to keep you warm and so your body's defenses are down. That is why you should keep warm - the cold does not make you sick but it does leave you less defensible.

~Megan~ On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Wife to 1 "People want the truth but never want the scars.." Emery
Mama to.. too many to list!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #12
Registered Users

I'm starting to think it's actually a stomach virus. He just had dirty dipe #6 a little while ago, and after kinda checking them out as I put them in the wash ( ), they've been really watery and some have been kinda greenish. I called the doc...she said to call in the a.m. if he's not better. He also seems to be running a low fever now (though it's hard to tell as much as he was wiggling and squirming).

Boy, I REALLY wish I had more than 5 prefolds now.
Amy - SAHM to Colin and Rhyon , stepmom to Jayson

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:08 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

sure does!

Cold symptoms can pop up when a child is teething. Miranda used to get a fever, a stuffy nose, and diarreah.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote