Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Registered Users
Yeast infection and pain ?

I have a yeast infection in my breasts, and I've been on diflucan for 6 days, and it still hurts to nurse DD. It's hurt on the right side since she was born (2 months), and I pumped that side for the first several days I was on medication to see if that would help with the pain. I've been trying to nurse DD exclusively instead of giving her a bottle, but tonight, when I tried to nurse her on the right side, it was an incredibly sharp pain that made me cry. I had to have DH give her a bottle b/c I couldn't finish nursing her. When I talked to the lactation consultant initially, she said that even w/a poor latch on, it shouldn't hurt when she nursed. I've leve a message for her, but she won't call me back until tomorrow. When is it supposed to stop hurting?

Ivy - 6, Lily - 3, Max - 1.5.
Proud wife of an Air Force Bomb Squad Tech
My Homeschooling/Girl Scout Blog
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Yeast infection and pain ?

Aww, so sorry you are in that much pain mama! I can sympathize, i also had a yeast infection in my breasts, it is AGONY! But I did start to feel better after the first few days of diflucan.
Maybe it could be a clogged milk duct causing you the pain? This can be caused by irregular nursing patterns, among other things, I experienced this also...I wish I could help you more...Maybe a warm shower or compress to your breasts would help. Do get in touch with the LC soon, they will be able to help you best.
Don't give up Mama! It should get better soon
[B]Will trade for: Leapster games, Wii games, PAYPAL!!!
supermomelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
feeling festive
My Mood:
Re: Yeast infection and pain ?

Have you ever tried genetian violet? it'll dye your nipples purple but it got rid of our yeast infection! you don't need a prescription and i bought a small bottle at the walmart pharmacy! hang in there and best of luck!
Mom to Corbin Reid and Faith
JackieLyn is offline   Reply With Quote