Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Isn't this a little much?

There is now a radio add that promotes vaxing . It's for the pertussis boster and they have a whole family talking about how that got the shot to protect their new baby brother. Even grandparents are included. The radio just doesn't seem like the way to encourage vax.

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Isn't this a little much?

Grrr, that is frustrating!!

We saw a vax commercial the other day and DS said "Mommy, why are they telling you to get shots. Those shot are bad!" LOL

This is not intended to hurt or offend any vax'ing mamas. I believe we all do what's best for our family and for my family that is not vaxing. As a result of that my son believes that vaxing is bad. This is not something I have taught him just something that he assumes because I am vocal about our decision not to vax.

(I feel like I have to cover my butt these days)
Old 09-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: Isn't this a little much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9800Emily
There is now a radio add that promotes vaxing . It's for the pertussis boster and they have a whole family talking about how that got the shot to protect their new baby brother. Even grandparents are included. The radio just doesn't seem like the way to encourage vax.

Hmmm...maybe i should call in and let them know my 2 sons did recieve the pertussis vax, which is for the whooping cough, and they had the whooping cough this spring! And it really does last the 100 days, and is not as severe as they make it out to sound. If an infant or elderly get it, yes it can be dangerous, but for my 7 and 10 yr olds it wasnt too bad. It was pleasant, and I do not want them to get it again....it last for 100 days give or take....but was not life threatening.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote