Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Sick House, any suggestions

We have all caught a nasty cold/virus and are suffering. MY YDD is almost 14 mo and seems to caught the brunt of it, she is really congested w/ lots of coughing and runny nose. She was running a fever for a few days but it seems to be gone for the moest part. She started w/ it on Mon. Then on Wed ODD (4yo) started w/ a sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, slight fever. Now today I have it too, Sore throat, stuffy/runny nose. I am 8 mo pregnant. On Thurs I took the girls to the Dr, because the youngest seemed to have som much chest congestion I was worried it was something more, but Dr said it is just a virus, and need to run its course. He gave us some Diamatapp, which I gave the girls that day, they slept horribly that night so I said forget that stuff. They have been using a cough suppressant and some tylenol before bed just to help them be more comfortable.

Sorry for our life story just thought I would set the stage for my question. The girls are very uncomfortable and not sleeping well because of all the coughing, do any of you have any suggestions. I have propped up the head of YDD bed hoping it would help but it isn't. We have used baby vicks ( I love triaminic cough patches but the store was out) and given the meds that aren't really helping. MY ODD starts school on Tues so I would really like her to be feeling better soon, and YDD is just plain misserable. I don't feel so great either but as mamma we do what we have to do, and w/ being preggo I know there isn't a lot I can take medicine wise.

Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks.

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
quarli
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sick House, any suggestions

We are suffering from a nasty cold here too! My one twin is pretty bad...weve been to the ER two days in a row...and may be making a trip to Fresno if they dont get better here soon. I dont have any tips just cause I know what your going through.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'm sorry the girls are sick, wipe everything down with lysol to keep the germs from spreading.
i was giving my son Equate brand childrens Triacting cough & sore throat and it helped him within 3 days. even his sneezing is gone.
for you, all you can take while pg is ribitussin and sudafed i think. call the pharmacy and ask about medicines, i do this alow myself when im not sure what can be given, they are always nice about it. i hope your all feeling better soon

Quarli, if you come to the hospital, go to the parents lounge if you stay and pm me, i'll come down to meet you,we're on craycroft. i hope your kids get better soon too.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
quarli
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
Quarli, if you come to the hospital, go to the parents lounge if you stay and pm me, i'll come down to meet you,we're on craycroft. i hope your kids get better soon too.
Will do! Right now we are watching him closely and will make a decision in a few hours.