Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #21
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non Vax and Well Baby visits

I took Zane to the first few just to make sure all was well. He was a preemie and had extended jaundice. Once he was given a clean bill of health I didn't take him back until one year. Then it was for his lead test. Didn't go again until 2. Now I figure he'll only see his ped if he's sick.

He does see a Birth to Five nurse that checks development as part of his preemie care.

My ped and the B-5 nurse have been very respectful of our choice not to vax.

Advertisement

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #22
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I am still deciding about vax but just one thing that you might not have thought about. When my older 2 were little we were audited by the IRS for no good reason and since they weren't in school or daycare or on public assistance, Dr office receipts were the only thing that allowed us to prove we were caring for our children and had the right to claim them. Since then I have kept every dr office receipt for my younger 2 just in case, cause trust me being audited and told you can't claim your own kids who no one else ever cared for really sucks. Sorry for the long sentences, just wanted to throw that out there.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:29 AM   #23
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't vax and don't do well child check-ups either. I am just not up for the fight with the dr's and nurses about vaxing. And also, I just don't see the need to take healthy children to a doctor's office full of sick children, kwim?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:46 AM   #24
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

We don't vax. We did go to some Well Baby Check ups when we had a Ped who we loved- mostly so the kids would be familiar and comfartable with the doc. We don't have a ped right now and the boys haven't been for about 9 months.
Definitely read How to Raise Healthy Children in Spite of your Doctor by Mendelson. Some of his ideas are a little out there, but it gave me A LOT of confidence in my own ability to care for my children as a new mother!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:27 AM   #25
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

We don't vac and we don't do wbv. We have a doc who we see if we have a medical need, but to us, measuring growth is not a medical issue...it's basic math. Between the 5 of us, there are plenty of times that we DO have medical need, and our doc is in the same small town as us and knows us very well, despite our lack of "on schedule" appointments. Our main reason for not doing them is that I think it is veyr important that we are aware of our bodies, and that our chidlren are taught to be aware of their bodies.

That said, Lena has been more than anyone desirete being the youngest. She has had, in her 3 1/2 years, chichen pox, rubella and measales inaddition to severe ezxema, and I have wanted thse documented...I don't know why, but I just did lol So we took her in to have them documented, even though in no casee was she able to be "treated" for something". She also had a heart murmur at birth, and has a cardiologist who are are vigilant about keeping our follow ups with.