Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Smile Recipes for tea sandwiches?

hi mamas! i'm hosting a cloth diaper/haba toy party at my home next week!(with sarah of pinstripes and polkadots, she's SO great!). anyways, i'm preparing the food for the party, and i'll be alone with my seven month old all that morning....so this should be interesting. i've got some dietary restrictions so i'm trying to offer a wide variety of foods, and i think i've decided on a theme. (kind of "tea party")

i want to do:
tea sandwiches
i'm getting a cake from a great bakery in town
cheese/grape/french bread tray
banana bread
a variety of iced teas and lemonade

so what i need help with are the tea sandwiches, i've made some before but i wasn't thrilled. and i want these sandwiches to be GREAT! you get bonus points if the "stuff" for the sandwich can be made the night before, did i mention i'm getting ready for this party alone with my seven month old? i'll have some time that morning of course, but i would prefer that the sandwiches be the only thing i really have to "do" the day of.

thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Recipes for tea sandwiches?

These are really yummy and I've used them for showers and tea parties

Cucumber Sandwiches

2 large cucumbers
8 oz cream cheese
1 package regular dry ranch(not the dip mix-it's too salty)
2 loave of bread- wheat, white , or rye, which ever you prefer

let cream cheese soften for about 20 minutes, beat cream cheese with dry ranch mix.

Peel cucumbers, cut in half length wise, remove seeds. Chop into fine and medium pieces.

Add cucmber to cream cheese mixture, combine well.

Place a dallop of mix onto bread, spread, cut into triangles, cut off crusts to make tea sandwiches.

Make within a couple of hours before serving so they do not become soggy. Keep chilled and enjoy.

These really are really easy and quick to make. To remove seeds from a halved cucumber run a spoon down to scoop out the seeds-works great and quicker than cutting them out.

Last edited by daizydoo; 09-07-2006 at 07:02 PM.
daizydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Recipes for tea sandwiches?

thanks debbie! i googled tea sandwich recipes and i got so many good recipes! who knew there were so many different kinds? i'll definitely be making a cucumber variety. i'm doing a trial run of all the sandwiches this weekend, my husband is going to be really happy. he's a manly man, but he loves tea sandwiches

i think i'm going to do:

those yummy cucumber ones on white
chicken curry on white
carrot ginger on white
egg salad on wheat

AND if i didn't have a nut restriction, i'd do these yummy pineapple/cream cheese/walnut ones. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....that sounds so good, so maybe another time!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote