Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
widdlelou
Registered Users

I need some help with my pfs

I've been doing soo good with my cloth pfs, but now I'm kind of having issues. I've been using my snappi now b/c its quicker than the pins but it seems like I have so much more problems fitting her width. I don't know if its b/c if I use my snappi I fold down the back instead of the front or if she has just gained some weight, she was not feeling good when we started CDing and now she has been back to her old self (eating up a storm!!) and I think she has hit a growth spurt b/c she hit her head on the desk trying to walk under it (she is very perplexed why this is happneing and keeps insisting on tyring it )

Anyways what is a good fold to give me room around the waist in a pf. We ahve a regular cpf (white stiching) She is about 24 lbs I think now and I forget how tall. Should I have gotten a bigger size?? But I still ahve to fold down at least an 1" 1/2 probably. Also, I hate using my medium BSWW, b/c they are still leaving horrible red marks on teh underside of her legs (very chubby theighs) even if I put them on relaly loose. But then I have never had ONE leak form them so I am scared to hcange. and the staciator I have (its the PUL one witht he fleece leg and waist bands) is like putting on shorts, they go so low and it jsut looks so awkward. Any suggestions for a cover. And her butt has been getting red (looking more like a hot butt then a rash butt) when I have been putting the BSWW on her.

Advertisement

Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need some help with my pfs

The best fold for my chubby to give more room in waiste & less bulk between legs (and extra pee absorbancy too) is the twist. It looks like this:

As far as a cover... have you tried the stacinator wool covers? They are paper thin... I know this probably isn't the size, but it's a pic to give an idea

http://cottonmamma.com/index.php/act.../prevstart/24/

Also you can consider a fleece cover - they are good too & I find that they do well under clothing as well - I don't get compression leaking even. I've used Dancing Bears as well as some of my own homeade ones. This store has them on sale cheap right now http://www.motherandchildcreations.c...76221be584c6f0
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #3
widdlelou
Registered Users

I've used the twist with pins but not with a snappi for somereason. I think i'll try it when she wakes from her nap! Thanks. And I will look into the wool ones. I really like wool, I have noe aristocrate but its really bulky so I dont' use it too too much. But I do use it when we go to the park or if she is in a dress. I'm in FL and right now we are burning up. 90s no rain -- we are literally burning up!
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

I highly recommend the Stacinator stretch wool covers!!!! They are wonderful over pfds and fitteds and are so trim under her clothes. No leaks. They're very soft too. I have the day/night covers and love them. We have a deluxe fleece cover too and it's nice also, but a bit bulky. I have had compression leaking with that one.

I'll have to try the twist with little Miriam, I have the same issue with her waist and she's in Premiums, just over 20 lbs./11 months old. I like the Angel fold so much though

HTH,

In Christ, Bridget
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote