Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Menu Planner Programs

anyone use something like that? I used emeals in the past and I really liked it... they would email a menu and recipes as well as a shopping list... it had everything all planned out and prganised for you and you could even sign up under a certain store and they would set up your menu according to what was on sale that week...

anyone know of any other programs like that? it was like $5 a month.... I need to start planning meals better... my only problem with emeals was that it was for a family of 4... and we are a family of 7...

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 06:23 AM   #2
~Meg~
Registered Users
seller

Re: Menu Planner Programs

I use SparkPeople. I think it's technically a dieting website but I can adjust the calories and it's free. It only calculates for one person though, but I just go through and adjust the amounts. There are probably better ones out there but I use SP because it is free.
Bea & Maggie (09/13)

Yep, we have 2 sets of twins!
~Meg~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:26 AM   #3
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did come across this... but it really isnt a weekly planner... it is a monthly planner LOL

http://members.aol.com/clseelhoff/v5n07b.htm
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
willihm
Registered Users

I was looking for a thread that might help me with meal planning.. I struggle at cooking, so when I plan meals, I usually end up with a whopping grocery bill because I end up having different ingredients in every recipe and only using a little of everything I buy...

So while I don't have much to offer, I am interested in what other say.. Is the emeals that you mentioned still around? I have a family of 4 and wouldn't mind checking it out..

I did find this when I went out to look. I've never used it but it sounds interesting too:

http://www.morethyme.com/
willihm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
CJNeeley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab
I did come across this... but it really isnt a weekly planner... it is a monthly planner LOL

http://members.aol.com/clseelhoff/v5n07b.htm
I've made a variation (actually a few) of the nondairy mac and cheese at this site... [honestly I'm just guessing it was from here, as I honestly can't remember where it came but it is insanely similar--mainly just some different seasonings like dried mustard and such, and in smaller quantity--I posted about it before at the Pin I believe for someone who was interested] and it's very good, freezes great.

Has anyone made curry dishes for the freezer? I worry about how well that would workout if you aren't vigalent about rotating things out of the freezer so well, as some spices go funny in the freezer. Anyone with experience on this?

I peruse 7-day Meal planner but it's not always practical for us. It's still good for inspiration and it's got past issues up so you can mix a match menus if you wanted. Note: She can be sort of sporatic sometimes about whether she's listing a meal serving 4, 6, or 8 (though it's most often 6) so you'll need to double check servings before you shop if you are following along.

I've dabbled at Meals for You and it has a handy feature of letting you create a shopping list off your recipes, which you can adjust by number of servings, that is sorted aisle by aisle for your store (if it's in their list) but I found myself overwhelmed by too many recipes, also I wanted to be able to adjust recipes and/or add my own. But if you want variety and ease of click and go it'd probably workout fine...

I really haven't found one I'm faithfully fond of, and I really would like something that both has some good recipes and allows me to add my own.. I'll be keeping an eye on this though

Last edited by CJNeeley; 09-11-2006 at 10:24 AM.
CJNeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

I signed up at www.savingdinner.com for awhile. They have several different types of menus you can use and include amount for 2 and for 6. You do have to pay for it though. There are sample menus on her website so you can try it for a week to see how you like it before paying.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
kellypillar
Registered Users

I second the SavingDinner.com, she also has a book, but on the website you can choose what kinds of meals you want. Frugal meals, crockpot meals, low-carb meals, etc. I have gotten some of our family's favorite recipes off of there.

Mmm, making me hungry!
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #8
Cloth4us
Registered Users

This is a little different, but I use the Food Network website- Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller. She makes three meals in each episode that use some of the same ingredients. She also has a grocery list and "game plan" so if you have one day with a little extra time, you prep some of the other meals. I think the meals are usually for 4, but I'm sure you could easily adjust them.
Cloth4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 AM   #9
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

www.recipezaar.com is a great site! It's 19.99 per month for the premium membership which gives you everything you wanted.

Mandi
mandikaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
Mama2Trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Land of Volcanoes, Vampires, Werewolves, Sasquatch....

One more vote for savingdinner.com. My friend is a subscriber and she loves it. She has had us over for dinner a couple of times for the meal. Yummy! It is just her and her husband, but instead of signing up for recipes for 2, she gets the ones for 6 and they have leftovers for lunch the next day.