Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
halyled
Registered Users
seller

Re: Major Ear Infections- Need herb advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt
Now, I have a question. I asked the Dr. and she said that because of where the infection is, drops wouldn't heal his ears... Is that true? So how many drops to drops do you use to make the GSE solution? How many times per day? ETC... Also, if his ear drum is busted, is it still ok? What books or sites can I go to for holistic medicine? Sorry for all the ?'s
Don't feel bad b/c your son's ear drum ruptured. It's not your fault, it's the body's natural way of dealing with the infection, and it should heal all right. My son's ruptured once while we were in the waiting room at the Dr's office (I was kind of pissed b/c they made us wait a day before working us in). There probably wasn't much you could have done to prevent it, and it probably actually decreased the amount of pain your DS felt after it ruptured b/c it releases the pressure from the fluid buildup. According to my mom, rupturing the eardrum used to be the treatment for an ear infection before antibiotics were available (she had hers lanced when she was a child).

Try googling "ruptured ear drum" for advice. Mostly what I've read is just to try and keep moisture out of it to help healing. I've also read that antibiotics are falling out of favor these days for ear infections b/c the body is capable of fighting off most ear infections on it's own and that prescribing antibiotics just increases the antibiotic resistance problem that's running rampant.

Hope the GSE helps prevent the recurrence. You said DS was tested for allergies...he doesn't have hay fever? As a child most of the ear infections I got were a result of sinus infections often brought on by seasonal allergies, or colds. When I was put on an antihistamine regularly, they stopped.

Advertisement

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #12
Korbins Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, this is a natural of a thing as you can do....but it sounds insane. Just trust me. I would NEVER tell you do do something that I wouldn't do myself on a child and this won't hurt him.

My Dad is native American and this is his remedy for ear-aches. Note! We did this to my sister at age 2 and she's NEVER had another ear infection or problem of any kind. She had kept an ear infection for a long time before this.

Okay....the remedy....

Get a Bessie Bug and pull their head off and put the blood into that baby's ear. They only have one drop of blood in their whole body, so you will need two bugs to do both.

A bessie bug is a black insect that you can find under wood during the fall/winter months. Sometimes they get into peoples' basements. You might want to call a local extermanator and see if they would know where to get a couple. Exotic pet stores sometimes have them too.

I KNOW this will help him. I've seen it work. Hugs Momma.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #13
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I used an oil blend that I found at a health food store, it had garlic, mullein, tto and some other stuff. It's worked on my son and I. Good luck!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #14
quarli
Registered Users
seller

Both the boys are getting over ear infections.....YUCK YUCK YUCK

Ive been putting a few drops of breastmilk in each ear when they go to bed for the night.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #15
Summer
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: Major Ear Infections- Need herb advice!

Dr.'s never want to tell you to do anything "natural" because they went to medical school for years and have been trained that everything needs to be treated by prescription med's KWIM... Just my opinion, but antibiotic's are way over prescribed.

If he HAS to be on antibiotic's, then it's good to take a probiotic along with that and continue taking it for 10-14 days after the round of antibiotic is completed. The antibiotic's are still in the system for that long after you finish taking them. The probiotic will help the intestines/gut because the antibiotic's kill off the good bacteria too. Hope that makes sense.

Tylenol will help relieve the pain. The GSE and olive oil or Garlic and olive oil will help to heal the infection.
Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #16
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As far as the anitbiotic thing, I asked the Dr. and she says that it depends on where the infection is and how bad it get when not treated. She said that he has an inner ear infection and we have tried not treating and it gets unreal.

Thanks for all the ideas. I am not sure why the guy at the HFS told me that he was too young for the herbal remities of antibiotics.

Thanks Ladies
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote